Chapter 85

The group has been a bit distant lately and no one saw much of each other. I'd not been out of the house much except the odd trip to the shop for milk. The girls had come round a couple of times but we were never up for much conversation so they didn't stay long. Prom was in 4 days and I didn't even feel like going anymore. I felt like trying my dress on so I did. I fell in love with it all over again. I stood looking at myself in it for a couple of minutes before feeling my hands get sweaty and my chest beating fast. I sat on my bed and found myself crying.

I heard a knock at my door, it was Tristan. It's like he knew whenever I was upset. He came in, didn't say anything but just saw down next to me and hugged me tight. Neither of us said anything for ages, we just sat in a comfortable silence.

'It'll be ok you know, everything will turn out the way it's meant to'

'Why does the person who makes me so happy manage to make me so upset at the same time?'

'I think that's what people call love, I never understood it myself really. Just remember, everyone goes through rough times and it's up to you guys if you want to fix it and make it work'

'I'm doing everything I can! It's just got to a point where I'm tired of explaining what's wrong, he used to understand.. what's changed? I don't know'

'You have to bare with him, we're boys.. we don't think the same way you girls do. I'm not taking anyones side but chances are he genuinely doesn't see what he's doing wrong. Give him time'

'Time?' I sighed.

'I bet when he sees how amazing you look in this dress he won't even think twice about having something to do with Lucy'

'I don't think a dress will change anything. He wants to be friends with her and that's fine, I just hope he doesn't get to carried away with her.. I know what she's like'

'Just as long as you know what you're doing ok, I don't want you getting hurt in all of this'

'I'll be fine Tris, you don't need to worry about me' I reassured him.

'I know, I just feel like I need to give the whole protective older brother speech like they do in the movies'

'What movies do you watch?! I swear you're actually a girl' I laughed.

I decided to change out of my dress once Tristan left and go round to see Brad. I can't stay mad at him no matter how annoyed I am, it's impossible not to talk to him. I threw on a pair of jeans and a jumper and left.

I knocked on the door and waited a while before someone came to open it. It was Brad. I just jumped on him and hugged him without saying anything. I didn't want to let go.

'Hello to you too!' He finally said once I let go.

'I'M SORRY' we both said at the same time.

'Wait, why are you sorry?' Brad asked.

'I don't know, for getting annoyed at you all the time?'

'But you have every right to be annoyed, I'm the one who should be apologising! At first I didn't understand what I was doing wrong.. But Tris came over earlier and laid it all down for me. I couldn't see how it must have looked to you, I'm so sorry'

I sighed. 'Tris did say you probably don't realise what you're doing wrong but I was just so angry I kept blaming you. I'm not saying it's all her fault, even though it's like 90% her fault.. I just want you to be careful with her ok'

'I know, I know. I guess I should open my eyes a bit more when it comes to her'

'It's not that I don't trust you, I do! So much. I just don't trust her'

'I know and I'm sorry. As long as you know I wouldn't do anything to hurt you on purpose'

'Of course I know that' I smiled.

'Good!'

'So prom's in 4 days, are you excited?!'

'Clearly not as excited as you are' Brad laughed.

'Shhh let me be excited ok'

'Are you going to show me your dress yet?'

'Nope! It's a surprise'

'Fine.. I already know you'll look amazing in it anyway'

'Oh stop, you're just saying that'

'But you will! What have I said about not having confidence in yourself?'

'Ok!'

'No I'm being serious, you should stop putting yourself down all the time'

'Ok can we just not have this conversation again please?'

'Fine, but you know I'm right'

'Anyway.. I'm just really excited for prom now. You're getting to mine for 6 right?'

'Yeah. What time are we leaving?'

'Well the limo is booked for 7 so we arrive there at half 7'

'Sounds good. I'm actually looking forward to it now!'

 'Me too! I hope everything goes perfectly'

Brad smiled. 'It will, I'll make sure of it'

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Heyyy,

Short update! Next chapter will be prom because I don't want to do filler chapters for the next 4 days.. Also, I'll be finishing Torn soon :( I'm thinking of writing something else because well I just love writing. Hopefully I do the end of this justice!

I still find it crazy that people are still reading this when I dragged it on so much at the beginning!! Oh well, you make mistakes and learn. Never thought I'd get to 85 chapters either, this is weird.

taaah x