Chapter 82- I don't deserve you

*1 message from Tristan*

'Hey, I'm sorry for bringing her round.. I didn't think. I just want to make things better :( You know I wouldn't do anything to annoy you on purpose, sorry xx'

I woke up to the text from Tristan as I turned it off before going to bed. I didn't reply. I wasn't mad at him, I knew he was trying to help, I just wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. I woke up feeling a bit numb, probably because of the dream or should I say nightmare I had..

I know me and Brad aren't exactly on speaking terms at the moment but I dreamt that he stood me up at prom. It was the worst thing I could ever think of! I don't even know why I thought of it. The worst thing is, prom is next week which means I need to fix things with Brad ASAP. I sent him a text asking to meet him later.

I made myself a cup of tea and went to sit on the sofa with the blanket around me watching the New Girl boxset. It was my favourite thing. I'd never watch an episode without Brad though, mainly because he was in love with Jess.. the boy would never let me miss an episode!

I think Tris was still asleep as the house was pretty quiet and I don't think the boys were meeting up today. I was working through the boxset quite quickly, I was already on episode 5 by the time Brad text back.

*1 message from Brad*

'You love chocolate cake right?'

I stared confusingly at my phone for a while before replying with a simple yes.

'Come outside' Was his reply.

I dragged myself off the sofa in my pyjama's and slippers and first walked over to the window and peeped out of the curtain. I didn't see Brad standing outside. I then went to the door and when I opened the door my eyes were drawn to the ground instantly. On the doorstep there was an envelope and a trail that I had to follow. The note said,

'So there was cake here but I was scared someone would eat it. Instead, follow the trail and find your surpise x'

I chuckled to myself. Only he would make me do a silly treasure hunt at this time of the morning. I grabbed my coat and off I went in. Yes, I was still in my slippers. I walked to the end of the driveway and found another note.

'So you've made it out of the house then, well done! You're probably looking really cute in your little pj's and slippers, if only I could see you xx'

I was confused again but followed the trail. It went in the road so I quickly ran across then looked behind in case I missed a note on the way. Nope. I continued walking on the other side of the road following Brad's trail. I came across another note.

'I promise there's a surprise, you're nearly there xxx'

I looked up to see myself nearing Brad's house and the trail went into his driveway. Before getting to the door there was another note.

'Ok so there was meant to be cake here but.. well, I ate it.. sorry! But look up and I'm sure you'll be happier with this xxxx'

As I was folding the note to put away I looked up and was face to face with Jesse. I laughed as she jumped up on me.

'Hello girl'

I noticed there was a note attached to her collar.

'No silly, Jess isn't the surprise! Keep going xxxxx'

Clearly Brad had Jesse well trained as she led me through the house, out to the garden. She put her paw up on the back door and looked at me.

'What is it Jess?'