Chapter 37- the day before New York

I couldn't sleep much last night, I kept tossing and turning which must have really annoyed Brad. It was about 7 in the morning and he was still fast asleep. I got my phone and texted Jenn to see if she'd come over and help me pack for New York. I sent it and tried to fall back asleep.

*brrrrinng*

Brad's house phone broke the silence in the house as it kept ringing and ringing. I groaned and turned over.

'And where do you think you're going missy?' I felt Brad's hand reach for mine.

'To answer that horrid thing that woke us up?'

'Oh no you're not!' He pulled me back into bed and snuggled up to me.

He began tracing circles on my tummy which he knew tickled me, a lot. I kept giggling which could have sounded quite bad to anyone outside who heard.

'Brad st-stop!' I tried saying as I was catching my breath from laughing too much.

'I can't believe we're actually going to New York tomorrow! Like me and you, together, just the two of us. It'll be amazing'

 'Yeah well we're going to need clothes for the week and my suitcase won't pack itself you know' I tried pulling away from Brad's strong arms around me.

'Well we don't necessarily need clothes do we?' He winked as he pulled me closer.

'Oi! Cheeky'

'You love it' he kissed me.

'Right you, you're going to have to live without me for a few hours while I go pack and stuff'

'Sure you don't want me to help?'

'Brad, I love you and everything but we don't need to spend every second with each other ok' I laughed.

'I know but I just wanted to offer!'

'And it was appreciated, thank you' I kissed him as I got out of bed to go home. 'I'll ring you when I'm done, love you'

I went home, showered and changed into a pair of old shorts and a top. It was about half 10 in the morning and my parents were still asleep so I decided to get breakfast later as I'm not exactly the most quietest person in the world.

I pulled my suitcase out from under my bed and placed it on top. Jenn would be another hour so I decided to make a start on the packing. The quicker it was over the better! I opened my wardrobe, grabbed a pile of clothes and dumped it on the floor. This might take a while.. I started sorting through really old clothes that I never even knew I had! I heard a knock at the door when I saw my mum enter.

'Morning love, I didn't hear you come in'

'That's one thing I know how to be quiet at!' I giggled.

'Do you want any help packing?'

'No I'm alright thanks, Jenn's coming round in a bit to help'

'Ok well if you need anything then give us a shout alright?'

'I will do, thanks mum' she hugged me before leaving my room.

'Hey mum?'

'Yes darling?'

'I could never hate you guys' she looked puzzled. 'The text you sent me last night? I know there would've been a lot of talk about this and you wouldn't be doing this for the sake of it. I know you'll have had good intentions' I smiled trying to hold back my tears.

'I know darling, I know. Come here' she came and sat down next to me on the floor and pulled me in for a hug. She gave me a kiss on the forehead and told me everything will be alright, just like I needed to hear.