Chapter 18- what was I thinking

It was nearly 2 o'clock and I couldn't find James or his family anywhere in town. I tried ringing him.

'BOO!'

'James you scared me! I was just ringing to find out where you were!'

'Woops sorry! We're down the front, come on'

It was quarter to 4 and his sister had just finished her performance.

'You were brilliant up there, well done!' I hugged her.

'Yeah you were amazing sweetie, come on let's go home and get some ice cream on the way' James' mum led the way home.

It was coming up to 4 when we were all walking back from town as it started getting dark.

'James, is Jasmine coming round for dinner?' I heard James' mum ask him.

'No.. Why?'

'I was just asking, there's plenty for the 5 of so she's more than welcome to!' I heard James running over to me.

'Jasssssss, come over for dinner? Mum's insisting there's enough for all of us haha'

'Aw no don't worry, I'm going out for dinner tonight anyway but thanks for asking'

'Well come round for a bit at least? It's better than staying in on your own, right?'

'Ok fair point. I'll come but only for an hour or so. I'm going out at 8 so I can't be late' I smiled at James and we walked to his.

It felt weird being in James' house because the last time I was here I was madly in love with the guy but I embarrassed myself, a lot. James and I went into the front room to watch some TV.

'Aw, well today was cute, thanks for inviting me along James. I loved it!'

'Anytime! My family clearly love you now' he laughed.

'Oh my I didn't even realise the time, it's already half 5!'

'But we've only just starting chilling, stay for a bit longer?'

'No I really need to get going, I mean my phone's even died so that'll need charging when I get in'

'Ok well I'll walk you home'

I got my coat and put on my shoes. 'Thanks for having me round Mr and Mrs McVey, it was lovely'

We walked down the road to mine and James came in for a bit because I hated coming home to an empty house.

'So thanks for coming today Jas, we should do it again sometime'

'What, watch your sister dance with your family?' I chuckled.

'No I mean just us two, I'd love to hang out with you sometime, I mean we had fun right?'

'Yeah, it was nice. Of course we'll do something, I'll text you later and we'll organise something'

'Sounds good to me' James got up to leave and he hugged me on the way out.

It was starting to rain as I felt a rain drop fall on my face. James looked at me before laughing and he took his thumb and wiped it away. This moment, it felt like that time in Brad's room when I was crying and he wiped away my tear. Oh no. I started feeling the way I did back then. I was staring into James' beautiful blue eyes whilst his hand was still on my face. We grew closer to eachother and just as it started pouring down with rain we shared our first kiss.

'Eee I'm getting soaked!' We ran back inside as the rain got heavier.

James looked at me. 'Well, that was a little bit perfect wasn't it'

'It really was' I could feel myself blushing again. I was getting lost in the moment.

James reached out for my hand and pulled me in closer. As his hands slipped round to cradle my back, I could feel the warmth of his breath as he kissed my neck. My arms locked around his neck with the occasional rain drop dripping from his hair onto my hands. I looked up into those blue eyes again and smiled. We shared another kiss, this time it became more passionate and I couldn't stop myself. James picked me up in a firemans lift and lay me down on the sofa.