Chapter 21- do I say yes?

'Jas hurry up! It's just gone 8:15!'

'I'm coming!' I took my phone off charge and shoved it in my bag. I grabbed my keys from the side and joined Brad downstairs.

'Right, all ready?' Brad smiled and took my hand as we walked outside to find his parents waiting for us.

'After you' he held the door open for me and I got in the car next to his sister.

'Hiya, happy birthday mummy Simpson!'

'Aw thank you darling, it's lovely to see you'

'You too, thank you for inviting me tonight'

'Oh don't be silly, you're practically part of the family anyway!'

I looked over to Brad who tried holding in his laughter and took my hand. We were holding hands for the whole car ride and when we walked into the restaurant.

'Wow this place looks so nice! Everything's so fancy, wow. I definitely don't feel underdressed!'

'You look beautiful sweetie, it must be that amazing dress you have on' Brad's mum loved that I had her dress on. 'Come here, I want to get a picture of you two! You both look absolutely gorgeous'

'Oh mummm, do you have to?'

'Bradley stop your whining and smile'

Outside the restaurant was a huge fountain with different coloured spotlights around it, it looked beautiful. We were stood in front of it for the picture when an old couple came past and told us we made a lovely couple. I blushed as I didn't have the heart to tell them we weren't a couple. It felt like we were though. Brad had his arm around my waist and we were stood quite close to eachother. It felt like prom all over again.

'Right, let's get inside guys. Our table should be ready by now'

We'd finished our starters and were waiting for our mains when Brad said he had an announcement. He cleared his throat, stood up and turned to me. I had no idea where this was going.

'So, now that I have everyone that's close to me in one place I just wanted to say that I've been so lucky to have a girl like Jas in my life for as long as I can remember. We've had a few ups and downs and especially after this last one I know I can't not have her in my life. We know all the crazy stuff about eachother but that's what makes me love her even more'

He took my hand.

'Is he going to..' I heard his mum whisper to his sister.

'Jasmine Marie Carter, will you be my girlfriend?'

I sat there in pure shock. I looked around to see the tables next to us all looking, eager to hear an answer.

'WELL?!' Someone shouted.

Do I say yes?