Chapter 9

*Jas' POV*

So once again we had a lazy day but without the movies and stuffing our faces with junk food. We spent most of the day just lying in bed, talking.

*brrriiingg*

'Hello?.. Hi mum!.. Yeah I'm great, you?.. Oh that's brilliant news!.. Brad? Yeah he's good too.. Ok.. I love you and miss you both!'

'Aw that was amazing to hear her voice again, I miss them so much' I lay there hugging Brad even tighter.

'Don't worry, they'll be home before you know it!'

'Yeah, I'll throw them a welcome home party! Speaking of home, I better get back.. my grandparents wanted to take me out for dinner tonight, I completely forgot!'

'Ohhhhh, do you have to leave?' Brad whacked out the puppy dog eyes, it was always my weakness.

'I wish I could stay but I have to leave you for today. I'll see you tomorrow though?'

'Obviously?!' He pulled me in for a goodbye hug, I really didn't want to let go.

'Bye you, thanks for today, I loved it' I gave him a kiss on the cheek and left.

I was walking down the road on my way home when I bumped into James. 'Oh hello stranger!'

'Jas! Oh hey!' He gave me a quick hug.

'You alright?'

'Yeah not bad, you? I haven't seen you in ages!'

'I know, it's been a while hasn't it'

'So what're you doing out on your own then? It's about to get dark soon'

'Oh I was just on my way back from Brad's, and I'm not a little kid you know' I playfully hit him and we both laughed.

'No no I know you're not! I didn't mean it like that, I just wanted to make sure you didn't get into any trouble out here, you know what our area can get like'

'I'm just messing with you James, I know what you meant. Anyway, I'd love to stay and chat but I'm meeting my grandparents soon and I need to get the whole house cleaned in just under 3 hours!'

'Well that sounds erm fun..!'

'Yeah doesn't it just? Ha, well I'll see you later James'

'We need to catch up soon, drop me a text when you've finished tonight' He gave me a goodbye hug and smiled. Gosh, his smile was just as perfect as Brad's.

Whilst I was walking home I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to see 2 new messages.

'Miss you already ;) have fun tonight xxxx'

'Hey, just thought I'd say you looked lovely today, was nice to get to talk to a sober Jasmine for once ;) x'

I burst out laughing at James' text, gaining some strange looks from the passer buyers. Never laughed to yourself in public before? No? Oh, ok then. I replied to James.

'Thanks for making me laugh to myself in public! But aw thank you :) and hahaha oh shush you, from what I remember you were quite a state yourself ;) x'

I quickly got home and looked at the time. 3:30. Which means I've got 2 and a half hours until my grandparents arrived.

*brrriiingg*

That was the doorbell. I looked at my watch and it was already 5! That can't be them already, they're usually always late. I went to open the door with half my hair done in my dressing gown as I was half done with getting dressed.

'Hiiiii! Oh, woops sorry, bad timing..' I opened the door to see James! That was definitely a surprise.

'Well fancy seeing you here haha, sorry by the way.. I was in the middle of getting ready and I've still got to tidy up down here in less than an hour now'

'That's why I came round, I was coming to ask if you needed help with clearing up' James started looking around the living room and could clearly see I did need help.

'Aw that's so kind! Thank you James. But don't worry, I'm sure I'll find a way to do both by myself'

'Oh don't be silly, honestly it's fine, I wouldn't have come round if I didn't want to help you know'

'Mmm ok ok if you insist! I promise to be down quick and help you!' I ran upstairs and tried to find something to wear. I was too busy with the cleaning that I completely forgot to text Brad back! Oops, I should do that now before I forget.

'I miss you toooo ;) soo, you'll never guess who's offered to help me tidy the house? James! How random! Anyway, I'll text you when I'm back home :) mwah xxxx'