Chapter 12: Living Doll

Batman groaned as the Scarecrow punched him on the side of his head, a headache slowly began to grow. He saw the doll-like man walk closer to the stairs with a wicked grin upon his face. Who knows what he was going ti try and do to Robin and Joker. He swiftly grabbed a chair from the kitchen and attempted to hit the other with it. To his avail, it nearly missed. He tried again, hearing the Scarecrow laughing at him. The doll-like man then turned around and launched himself at the Dark Knight, legs around his waist attempting to choke him. Batman winced as the Scarecrow bit him hard. He tried to knock off the other against the wall. Scarecrow did not budge. The man in black then fell backwards and began to roll around, still choking and gasping for breath. He would never have thought that the Scarecrow would try and kill him, but he wasn't too surprised. He was even more deranged than the clown. At least he didn't mean to kill people!

Scarecrow climbed ontop of Batman and choked him. Grunts of denial came out of the Dark Knight's mouth as he kicked the doll-like male in the chest, knocking him off to the side. He made a mad dash to the stairs, blocking the entrance as quickly as he could with some useless and broken chairs from past intruders he had received. He grabbed a ripped up couch, several broken chairs and a burrow. He watched as the Scarecrow tried to break through each item. The man in black ran to his bedroom and gasped for breath, rubbing his neck as he locked the door. Joker got up and tilted his head at the Dark Knight. He turned around and said, "I need your help."

Joker raised an eyebrow, "my help? Why me? Can't Alfred help you?"

Batman shook his head, biting his lip. "He left an hour ago. And Robin is knocked out, as you can see. Just, help me."

The clown couldn't believe what he was he was hearing. Was he dreaming? He looked at the sleeping boy and bit his lip. It was true that he was knocked out. Who knows how long, and the man in black only had the clown to assist him. He looked up at Batman and smiled wickedly.
"I'll help."

Batman sighed in relief, "thank you."

Joker nodded and grabbed his pan that he still had with him. "Besides, he's out numbered. He doesn't stand a chance against us!"

Batman nodded and jumped in shock as the door was punched, a gloved hand tried to unlock it. Batman kicked the hand and it slithered back into the rather large hole. He looked at Joker who was now beside him. "Let's head out before he destroyd this place anymore."

Joker nodded and giggled, "yeah! Let's go!"

The villain and the superhero headed out of the bedroom, quickly locking the door. The hallway was dark and dreary. Their senses were highly alert as they slowly made their way through. Batman could hear a dark chuckle coming from a corner. He went over to it and saw that nothing was their.

Like a bolt of lightning, Scarecrow jumped onto Joker's back and pinned him down. The clown hit the doll man's side and grunted. He gripped onto his neck and choked him from behind. Batman turned around once he heard Joker choking and growled. He pulled out his batarang and swung it at the Scarecrow, hitting him effectively. He fell backwards and Joker ran to the Dark Knight quickly and coughed. But that wasn't the last of the Scarecrow. Joker winced in pain and fell onto his knees, whining in pain. He rubbed his neck and whimpered at the marks that the doll-like man left upon his pale skin.

Scarecrow then threw himself onto the Joker, choking him harder than before. The clown couldn't breath. A rush of panic washed over him as he tried to knock the other off. Batman growled and head locked the Scarecrow, attempting to pull him off of the poor suffocating clown. 

Joker screamed in pain as the Scarecrow bit his neck hard, making his pale skin bleed. Batman growled in anger and pulled off the Scarecrow as he thrashed around. Joker gasped desperately for breath and turned around, watching as the Scarecrow began to strangle the Dark Knight to death. The doll tried to gass Batman, but failed due to the fact that there was hardly anymore knock out gas. Joker bit his lip and grabbed him by the ankle, pushing himself upwards. He then hit the doll-like man in the back of his head again and again. Loud smacks could be heard as he beat the Scarecrow with the pan. Batman had to stop the clown before he killed the doll-like man, letting Joker hit his hand hard. The clown sighed as he grew tired, dropping his weapon onto the cold floor. Batman sighed softly and rubbed his neck, looking at the Scarecrow who had been knocked out, yet again.

He smiled to the clown and sighed softly. He then noticed that the doll-like man began to get up, rubbing the back of his head and laughed maniacally. He then got up and began to wabble.

"It's over, Scarecrow. Leave."

"Leave? Is that how you great a guest?" Scarecrow hissed and grabbed the Dark Knight by the neck, yet again. Joker collapsed onto the floor out of exhaustion and closed his eyes. His breathing slowed down as he tried to calm himself.

Suddenly, a small freckled boy emerged from the darkness and attacked the Scarecrow, tossing him at the wall. Batman smirked and saw his sonm he gave a thumbs up to Robin, in return, did the same. They then began to beat up the Scarecrow and, eventually, he was tossed out of a cconveniently open window. The Scarecrow fell face-first and fled while limping. The two superheroes giggled to themselves and high-fived each other. Robin then ran over to the collapsed clown and shook him. A flood of worry filled his mind. Batman went after Robin and saw the collapsed clown and kneeled down. He could see fresh bruises traveled across his pale neck and a large bite mark. Batman winced and picked up Joker bridal-like and looked over to Robin.

"Guess he could use some more healing, huh?" Robin asked softly with a little giggle.

His father nodded and looked at the clown, blushing slightly. He then cleared his throat and nodded happily, "yeah. He could. Let's get the aid kit open again. Want to help me?"

Robin nodded and smiled big, "yes! I can be an assistant!"

Batman chuckled at his son and looked back at the collapsed clown that he carried in his arms. He and his son then headed towards his bedroom and laid Joker on his bed. Robin ran into the bathroom to fetch an aid kit.

Batman tucked in the Joker and smiled, "I owe you." He could have sworn that he could see a smile grow slowly on his nemesis' red lips. He chuckled and sighed as Robin got the aid kit and sat on the bed. The two then began to work on the clown as he rested peacefully.