Chapter 29: Names

Batman sighed as he and his butler watched the children play and color. The butler had recently given the two boys a nice and healthy snack of carrots and ranch dressing. The caped crusader swore that Alfred gave them candy instead since they were so hyper, but surpassed this thought. He knew that Alfred rarely gave out sweet, sugary treats like chocolate. Only on special occasions, like certain holidays, he would make delicious sweets. But because of how fattening the treats were, they were only made during large holidays such as Eater Sunday, Christmas and Thanksgiving. It was like this since the butler took the Dark Knight under his wing, treating him like his own.

He glanced over at the wall clock, biting his bottom lip impatiently. It had been over three hours since his precious clown lover had left to talk to Harley about something. He wasn't specific, but Batman assumed that the clown was, most likely, talking about the caped crusader. He chuckled at the thought of his lover talking on and on about him as the female clown talked about her girlfriend.

Alfred walked up to the man in black, tilting his head slightly. He gave Batman a glass of cold water, handing it to him carefully. The Dark Knight took a sip of the water and thanked the butler. Alfred smiled and nodded, sitting down onto the leather couch, looking at the man in black with a worried face.
"Where is Joker?"

"I don't know," Batman replied, drinking the rest of his water. "I might go and check on him"

"You do know where he is, correct?" Alfred asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Underneath the abandoned city bridge. I know," Batman said as he placed the empty glass onto the table, smirking.

"I will watch the children while you are gone," Alfred said, getting up and picking up the glass. He smiled at the caped crusader and left, heading out to the kitchen to put the glass into the dishwasher.

Robin and Garfield walked up to Batman, who was getting ready to leave. They looked at each other with questionable glances and looked back at the Dark Knight. The green boy then asked, "where are you going?"

"I'm going to go check up on Joker. You two stay here," he said, adjusting his utility belt. He made sure that he had his batarang, grappling hook, batspray and such.

Robin whimpered, looking at Garfield. He then looked back at his father and said, "we want to go with you!"

"We do?" Garfield asked, tilting his head at Robin. The freckled face boy nodded his head eagerly and giggled, looking at the green boy into his dark violet eyes. He then said, "yeah, we do! Can we go with you? Pl-please?"

Batman licked his lips, looking at the two young boys and tilted his head. He sighed, pinching the temple of his nose and closing his eyes.
"Fine. You may come with me. But, behave yourselves."

The boys smiled and jumped up and down excitedly. They then went to Robin's bedroom and smiled at ome another. The freckled face boy grinned, grabbing a purple suit with black on the sides and sleeves. It came with a silver belt. He looked at Garfield, smiling like a little child again.
"You can wear this outfit! It suits you nicely," Robin said, handing the outfit to Gaefield, who gave a confused look. But he understood and went into the closet, removing his grey t-shirt and blue jeans. Inside, there were many shelves filled with all kinds of t-shirts, jeans and long-sleeved shirts. He slipped into the suit swiftly and smiled, looking at the wall mirror. It fit like a glove.

Garfield went out of the closet and giggled softly, his green face grew warm. He then asked, "do you like it?"

Robin nodded and smiled big. He then grabbed the green boy's hand and ran downstairs. He breathlessly said, "you look amazing in it! Let's get going!" The green boy nodded and ran with his friend, heading downstairs and walked out the front door with Batman and Robin. He was very excited due to the fact that Robin was his idol. And, because of this, it made the green boy even more anxious and worried. What if he screwed up during the search? Would Dick hate him?

"You need a disguise name, kid," Batman said as they climbed into the Batmoblie that, now, had four seats in it. Robin sat in the back with Garfield and smiled.
"What do you think?"

Garfield put his hand on his chin, thinking of a good name that would suit him. He then began to think of his abilities. The green boy thought of several names such as 'Changling,' 'Animal Boy,' and 'Freakshow'. But then, he thought of two things. He could change into any beast he desired, but was a mere small boy.
"Beast Boy!" Garfield said happily, receiving a nod from Robin. "My disguise name can be Beast Boy!"

"Beast Boy, huh? Suits you nicely. I'm just gonna shorten it to B.B in case of emergencies. That okay?" Batman asked, smiling at the green boy.

Beast Boy nodded happily, smiling at Robin. He then hugged him gently and giggled as the freckled face boy returned it, nuzzling his face into his dark green hair.

The trio headed off on their search for the disappeared clown, driving like a mad-man down the street.