Chapter 31 - McDanno

Hi! I got another request. Yay! This was requested by katy0601 thank you so much!
The request: Steve and Danny are dating and Steve proposes or their wedding day.
(I choose to do the one where it was their wedding day.) If you don't like McDanno, you don't have to read.😉 Will include character x character, men kissing, and gay marriage. If you don't like any of those things, don't read.
-------------------------------------------------------
S T E V E
"To respect the couples wishes, no one is standing up here right now. They wanted to walk down the aisle together." I hear the preist say to the guests. The music, which is our cue, starts playing and I take Danny's hand in mine. I could feel how sweaty his hand was and smiled slightly and leaned in to whisper something in his ear. "It's gonna be fine, Danno." He glared at me and said, "Don't call me that." Right before the door opened. We both put on our biggest smiles and started walking. I looked at all the people we passed, how happy everyone looked. Well they have been wanting me and Danny to get together like forever. I let go of Danny's hand when we reached the priest. We both took our places in front of the preist, just like we had practiced. "Well, this is certainly the first time I'm the only one in white up here." The preist said and everyone laughed. "Family and friends of Steve McGarrett and Danny Williams, we have gathered here today, to witness the marriage between these two men. I was told that they wrote their own vows. Danny, you may start." Danny nodded, pulling out a few papers. "I promised my self that I was gonna learn the words without needing to use the papers today. Well clearly that didn't work out." He paused as laughter spread in the church. "Steve, the first time I met you, we both had guns pointing at each other and we were both willing to pull the trigger if necessary. I remember that my first impression of you was 'I really hate this guy.' And if someone would have told me in that moment that I was gonna marry you in 8 years time I would have told them that they were crazy. After you recruited me in to your task force, unwillingly if I may add, I began to realise that I felt more about you than I thought. I loved you more than a friend. Every time we said 'I love you' prior to our relationship, you always meant it in a friends way but I always meant so much more. The best day of my life, except my kids births, was when you told me that you loved me too. And when you asked me to marry you, I couldn't be more happy because I'm gonna marry the love of my life. You're like a second father to my kids and they love you almost as much as I love you. So I wanted to thank you for giving me the opportunity to call you mine and being able to call you, the love of my life, mine forever."
D A N N Y
I watched as a tear ran down Steve's face when I finished my vows and to be honest, I was just keeping mine in. "Steve, your vows." The preist said and Steve nodded. Unlike me, he didn't need any paper. "Danny, when we met I thought that you were a detective who thought too highly of himself, who thought he was better then everyone else. But as I got to know you, I realised that you were nowhere like that at all. We had been best friends for about a year and a half when I finally had the guts to tell you how much I loved you and I was ready to be turned down, and I knew that I could take it because nothing would be worse for me than seeing you with another girl without you knowing that I loved you. The first time we said 'I love you' and meant it in an entirely different way, was the time I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. And I was so happy when you said yes to my proposal that I wanted to tell the whole world that Danny Williams had finally become mine forever. I love you so much and I swear to protect you as long as I'm alive." I felt a few tears make it's way down my cheek as I heard Steve's vows. I never knew I touched him this deeply. "You may bring the rings forward." Grace came up to us and gave one ring to Steve and one to me. "Good luck, daddies." She whispered and my heart swelled with love and joy. Steve took my left hand before he started speaking. "I, Steven John McGarrett, take you, Daniel James Williams to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and hold, from this day and forward, for worse, for better, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us apart." He slipped the ring on my ring finger. I took Steve's left hand and started speaking. "I Daniel James Williams, take you, Steven John McGarrett, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and hold, from this day and forward, for worse, for better, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us apart." I slipped the ring on to his ring finger hand held his both hands and looked in to his eyes as the priest said, "You may now kiss the groom." I kissed Steve and I think that this may be the best kiss I have ever had. We stopped kissing and looked at each other. "We're actually married." I whispered. "Yea." He whispered back. I took my hand in my and turned us against all the guests who had been getting up to give us congratulations and maybe once, just this time, everything was perfect.

A/N
Hi! First time I write character x character. I hope it turned out okay and let me know if you like the vows, I wrote them my self😉 I hope you will have a great day/night wherever you are and stay safe everyone!💋🥀🎈
(Just love this photo, secretly fan girls and freaks out.)

)