Chapter 89 - Steve McGarrett

Hi! I hope you're all having a good day! This was requested by fxixjxckson thank you!
The request: You and Steve are engaged and you live together. One day, Doris pops up. Read to find out what happens.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
    Y O U
"Steve! We're gonna be late if you don't hurry up!" You yelled up the stairs. "I'll be down in a minute!" He yelled back and soon enough he came running down just as the door bell rang. "Can you get that? I need to get my gun and badge. I forgot them at the back of the house last night." He said and kissed your forehead and the door bell rang again. "I'm coming!" You yelled and moved to the door. You opened the door to be met by a older woman who had short almost orange hair. "Can I help you?" You asked.  She looked at you, almost confused before she spoke up. "I'm looking for Steve McGarrett." Before you could answer, Steve came up behind you. "Who is it, babe?" He said with a small smile that disappeared when he saw who was at the door. "Mom?" He asked. You looked between them. "Mom? She's your mom?" You asked confused. Steve only nodded and continued to stare at his mom. "I'm gonna go call Danny and um, say that we're gonna be late." You said and moved away from the door to get your phone. That was his mom? You had never seen her before. All you knew was that that she was dead and then she wasn't and I f she was here that meant nothing good had happened.
                                S T E V E
"What are you doing here, Doris?" I asked her after I let her in. "Doris? Really? Still can't call me mom?" She asked and I shook my head. "You may have given birth to me but you have been absent my whole life, and then when you finally come back in it you just up and leave so I'm sorry but no, I'm not gonna call you mom." I said and moved back a bit. "So, who's the girl? New girlfriend?" She said and looked around and took up a photo of me and Y/N at the top of Diamond Head where we had hiked for our first date. "She's my fiancée actually." I answered and that made her look up. "What happened to Catherine?" She asked and I sighed. "She left for work and we couldn't make the long distance work." I answered as I heard Y/N come up beside me. "So, does your fiancée have a name?" She asked. "I do actually, it's Y/N Y/L/N." She said and extended her hand for Doris to shake. "Nice to meet you, Y/N. So how did you meet?" She asked. "I used to be a navy seal and I helped the five-0 team out on a case and when I got a medical discharge I got a job at the task force and Steve asked me out and the rest is history." Y/N answered with a smile on her face and she looked so beautiful. That's when Doris got a text. "It was really nice meeting you Y/N, even though I would have wanted to do it a bit earlier in the relationship." She glared a bit at me. "But I have to run, hopefully we can meet up for dinner sometime and I can hear more about your relationship." She said and left.
                                   Y O U
"That was interesting?" Steve said and you nodded. "At least she seemed to approve right?" You asked and Steve nodded, pulling you into a hug. "Even if she didn't approve I wouldn't care because I love you so god damn much." He said and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "Now let's go, we gotta get to work." I said and pressed my lips to his for a quick second before taking his hand and pulling him out of the house.

A/N:
Hello! I hope you like how this turned out! I don't really know how to write Doris but hopefully I did a good job. I hope you have a good day! 🌸💛