Chapter 99 - Steve McGarrett

Hi! Thank you for this request AzaleaLennox

The request: Joanna and Steve have a fight and it gets so bad that Danny has to intervene.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
S T E V E
"You could have died, Jo! That's what could have happened, so don't shrug it off as if nothing happened!" I tried to keep my voice down but I was just so angry at her right now. She's worked in law enforcement almost as long as Danny, she should know that she doesn't put herself in danger if there's another, safe, plan that works. "That's rich coming from you, Steve! You're the one who's always doing weird and dangerous shit on cases so why can't I?" She pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to keep herself calm although I knew that it wasn't working. "It's different, okay?!" I answered. "How? Because I'm a woman, is that it?" She said and I opened my mouth and got right in her face. "It's just different okay!" I heard the door open and Danny's voice, "What the hell is going on here?!" He exclaimed loudly. "You know, I ask myself the same thing." Joanna said before she walked out of my office. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Danny asked me and I got angry again. "Wrong with me? It's not me that has a problem understanding things." I said and Danny scoffed. "When are you gonna get it through that Neanderthal head of yours that if it it were you in the position that Jo was in, you would have done the same thing so stop being mad at her." He said before walking out and going after Joanna. I sat down in my chair and pulled my hands over my face. "What have I done?" I said out loud, to no one.
                              J O A N N A
"Jo? You out here?" I heard Danny ask, he was the only one who knew where I use to go when I need to calm down or just wants to be alone, not even Steve knows. I didn't answer but I heard him walk up behind me before he sat down next to me on the bench. "It's beautiful out here." I mumbled, the bench was right next to the ocean and the only thing that could be seen for a few miles were just the ocean. "Yes it is. Are you okay?" He asked and I could imagine he looked at me with those overly concerned eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said as I felt a tear run down my face. "I just feel stupid, you know. I honestly didn't see any other way to get to those girls in time and I know that Steve would have done the same thing but apparently I'm not allowed." I said. "Don't think like that, Jo, it's just that he loves you so much that he doesn't know how to react when there's a possibility that he could've lost you." Danny said softly and I nodded. "Yeah, I know but I'm just so sick of him thinking that I can't do something just because he loves me too much." I said, feeling the anger return. "Hey, you know that before you came along he was always putting himself in unnecessary danger and he knew that he could have died so now when you do things like that he knows how big the possibility that you die is and he doesn't want to lose you." Danny said and I nodded. "Yeah, I know. I should probably go talk to him right?" I asked and Danny nodded. "You're a good friend, Daniel Williams." I smiled softly at him before walking away to talk to Steve.
                                 S T E V E
I stood next to my desk just staring out of the window, lost in my thoughts when I heard a soft knock on my door. "I don't need a lecture right now, Danny." I said as I turned around to be met with Joanna. "Jo! I'm so sorry about everything I said before." I rushed out and she smiled at me. "It's okay, Steve. Really it is." I shook my head. "No, it isn't. You should be able to do things that work and that saves people if you want without me screaming at you, that's literally your job. It's just that I care so much about you and I don't know what I would do if I lost you." I said and she put her hand on my cheek. "I know, and like I said, it's okay." She said before she kissed me. "I care about you too but maybe, next time talk to me before you yell at me." She said and I nodded. "So." She said and grabbed my hand. "You wanna get out of here? I'm starving." She said and I realized how much I love this woman and how much it's gonna hurt if I lose her one day.

A/N:
Hi! I hope you like this one and that you've all had a great Easter! 🐥🌸💞