Chapter 86 - Steve McGarrett

Hi! This was requested by fxixjxckson thank you very much!
The request: You're in the navy and best friends with Kono and Chin. One day you walk into the Five-o headquarters and ask for a job. Steve takes an immediate liking to you, read to find out what happens next.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
Y O U
You walked into the elite force of Hawaii, Five-0, headquarters and looked for one of your two best friends. "Chin!" You exclaimed when you saw one of the cousins. He was standing with a smaller, blonde haired man with the back to you and talking about something. He turned around with a big smile on his face and put down the tablet he held in his hand on the table next to him. "Y/N!" He immediately pulled you into a tight hug and whispered in your ear, "I'm so glad you came home in one piece." The sound of a throat clearing behind us caused me and Chin to break the hug. You turned around to see the small, blonde man from before. You looked at him before you looked back at Chin. "Where's Kono? I wanna say hi to her too." You said and Chin chuckled a bit. Of course you didn't care about anyone in the room until you had met Kono again. You and Kono had been inseparable since you had met when you were little kids and when you let Chin into your little friend group it became the three of you against the world. "She's out gathering a witness, she'll be here soon." Chin smiled at you reassuringly. "Um, Chin? Who's this?" Said a voice that you didn't recognize. "This is lieutenant Y/N Y/L/N. Y/N this is detective Danny Williams." Danny reached his hand out and you took it and told him it was nice to meet him which he answered that it was nice to meet you too. "So what brings you to Hawaii, lieutenant?" Danny asked. "Please, call me Y/N." You said and smiled warmly. "I'm actually looking for a job in between tours and was wondering if you maybe had a spot open here? There is a quite a while until my next assignment and I need something to do otherwise I would go crazy." You said and scratched your neck. "Well, you've certainly come to the right place. I'll go get Steve." Danny said and walked away to go into a office where handsome dark man was sitting.
D A N N Y
"Steve? There's a lieutenant Y/L/N here and she's looking for a job." I said as I entered his office. "What?" I rolled my eyes of course he hasn't been listening. "There's a lieutenant Y/L/N here and she's looking for a job. Should I send her in to you or are we strictly not open for business when it comes to new employees?" I asked and I could see him look out to the window to where she was standing. "Send her in." He said and went back to looking at what ever he was looking at before and I walked out of his office and approached Y/N. "You can go talk to our boss, he'll decide if we have an opening." She smiled at me. "Thank you." She said and walked towards the office.
S T E V E
I looked up from my paperwork when I heard the door open. I watched as a woman - lieutenant Y/L/N - walked in. She stood up instead of sitting down. "So, I hear you're looking for a job?" I asked her. "Yes, sir. I need something to do in between tours, otherwise I'll go crazy just staring at my wall, and since I know Chin and Kono I figured this would be the place to start." "You know Chin and Kono?" I asked, confused. "Yeah, we grew up together." She answered. I nodded at her answer, she would make a good addition to the team and Kono wouldn't be the only female on the team, she wasn't exactly hard on the eyes either. I liked her. "Lieutenant commander Steve McGarrett." I said and stood up, extending my hand for her to shake. "Lieutenant Y/N Y/L/N, nice to meet you, sir." She shook my hand and I was just about to tell her to call me Steve when my phone rang. "McGarrett. I understand, we'll be there soon." I looked at Y/N. "Why don't you come with us on a case and we'll see if you will be able to work here as a cop?" I asked her and she nodded and smiled.
Y O U
You and the five-0 team had closed the case and you and Steve had hit it off really well, probably because you were both in the navy. You had met Kono, of course,  was really happy to not only see you again after quite some time but also being able to work with you, you had after all gotten the job. The others had gotten back to the palace before you and Steve so you were now walking from the parking lot to the entrance of the palace. "I'm sorry if this is a bit too fast but I really like you and I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a date with me?" Steve asked you and you smiled. "Of course." And then we went up to meet the rest of the team an write our reports before going on the date and you couldn't stop smiling. You had the feeling that this was gonna be a good date.

A/N:
Hello! I hope you like this and that you have a great day! 🌸💛