Chapter 114 - S.W.A.T. Team

This was requested by juviaheartattack1 thank you very much!
The request: You are a young S.W.A.T. officer who just lost her team leader. You become very sad since your team leader was also your best friend. One day you meet Hondo in the lunch room and you get to talking. Later that day you get called to Hicks' office to talk. What will happen? Read to find out.
(Anything in this is flashbacks)
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
                                         Y O U
You and your team were standing outside an apartment where a fugitive were currently hiding. Your team leader, Eric Walker, were giving out orders and then your team dispersed, leaving you and him alone at the front door. "You ready for this Y/N?" Eric asked and you nodded. "Always ready, sir." You said with a small teasing smile on your lips as you knew he hated it when you called him that. He just sighed and told the rest of the team that they were going in on three. "One, two, three." Eric counted down and then he kicked in the door. "Leo James, LAPD metro SWAT!" You called out as you cleared the rooms only for a gun shot to ring out and you saw Eric go down and you immediately located Leo James right in front of you and pulled the trigger of your gun before he had the chance to shoot you. As the rest of your team came in to the living room you dropped to your knees and put pressure to Eric's neck, where the bullet had hit him, but as you looked at his face you knew he was gone.
A hand on your shoulder shook you out of the nightmare that you were reliving almost every minute of the day, trying to see if there was something you could have done different. You jumped slightly as you looked at the person in front of you. "Whoa. Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." Hondo said and you shook your head. "No it was my fault, I zoned out. I didn't even realize there was someone else in the room." You said and took a small swig of the water bottle in your hand that had been cold when you came in here but was room temperature now. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss." He said and you nodded. "Thank you." You said, Eric had died a few days ago and even though you knew no one would blame you if you took some time off you had to keep your mind occupied and if that meant you were gonna spend your days writing paperwork then so be it. "You know that you don't have to be here, right?" Hondo asked and you nodded. "Yeah but if I'm not I'm gonna go crazy so." You trailed off, not about to say that you didn't really wanna be alone. Hondo looked at you for a moment before he spoke up again. "You know that it wasn't your fault right?" He said and you could feel your eyes watering as pictures of Eric's dead face flashed through your mind. "I was supposed to have his back. I should have seen him and shot him before he could shoot Eric." You said as a tear escapes your eye but you wiped it away quickly. "Hey, listen to me." He said and put a hand on your shoulder, not continuing until you looked at him. "There was nothing that you could have done okay? I need you to understand that." He said and more tears ran down your face. "I should have saved him though, that's what a partner does." You said before breaking down in sobs as Hondo pulled you into a hug. You stayed like that for a few minutes before calming down and pulling away from the hug, wiping your eyes. "Sorry." You said with a small smile. "I didn't mean to break down." Hondo shook his head. "It's fine, I would have been more concerned if you didn't." He said and you nodded slightly. "I'm gonna go get some paperwork done." You said and exited the room.
H O N D O
I knocked on commander Hicks' door and waited for a 'come in'. I closed the door behind me walked up to his desk. "Hondo, how can I help you?" Hicks said. "I just ran into Y/N Y/L/N and we got to talking." I started as Hicks nodded. "How is she?" He asked and I sighed. "As good as anyone would be in these circumstances I would say." Hicks nodded. "Eric Walker was a hell of a police officer and an even better person." He said and I agreed with him. "Talking to Y/N and the fact that a few of her team members switched teams got me thinking about something I think would be good for her but I need your help with it." I said and Hicks looked at me with a confusion on his brows but as I started to explain my plan he nodded and put on a small smile which was unusual for Hicks so I knew that he thought it was a good idea. "I'll see what I can do." He said and I nodded before leaving the room.
Y O U
You walked to Hicks' office since he wanted to see you, what for you didn't exactly know. You could hear multiple voices on the other side of the door but as you knocked they went quiet. "Come in." You heard Hicks' call out and you opened the door to be met by Hicks as well as Hondo and his team. You nodded towards Hondo as a greeting before focusing on Hicks. "You wanted to see me, sir?" You asked, a bit confused as to what was going on. "Yes. Hondo and I have been talking and we have come up with a plan, well it was mostly Hondo." He started and you became even more confused. "Hondo would like for you to join his team and if your up for it then it's okay with me." Hicks said and you looked at Hondo and his team with surprise. "So? What do you say?" Hondo said. "I don't know. Are you sure you want me in your team? I mean you already have such a good team." You asked uncertain, thinking about Eric and how you didn't want Hondo to die because he took you on to his team. "Of course we want you on our team, Y/N." Street said and the rest of the team nodded. "And it be nice to not be the only woman." Chris said with a small smile. You thought about it for a few seconds before nodding. "Okay then. I'll do it." You said and the team, well more Street, broke out in to cheers and then you were enveloped in multiple hugs. You could tell that this was gonna be a good team, if not a family.

A/N:
Thank you for reading and I hope this was good! 😊