Chapter 25: Setting the trap

We arrived at the location just in time and quickly get everything setup. With half an hour to go before sunset we hang out at base discussing what we hoped to get from the night ahead.

"Again don't be shy to speak up if you need to." Billy reminded me'

"Yep no problem." I assure him getting kind of used to the presence of the cameras and recording equipment.

"Ok its time, lets go dark!" Zak exclaims. I had noticed that as soon as we arrived his demeanour changed. He got that determined look in his eye, I can see his brain ticking over and him switch over to ghost hunter mode. I admired his dedication and passion.

Zak, Aaron, Billy and I move off as a group and begin to investigate the reception area, might as well start at the beginning right. Although non of us felt anything in particular we heard some unexplained footsteps almost straight away. We conduct a quick EVP session asking who was there, you know all the usual questions. One lone voice came through,

"I'm heeeeere." It moaned eerily. I shudder.

"Well there was absolutely nothing to like about that." I utter and find Aaron agreeing with me wholeheartedly. As you would expect this meant that Zak decides to send us off together to investigate where the footsteps came from.

"At least we're not alone right?" I chuckle nervously.

"Right!"Aaron nods in agreement.

We head off down the long dark corridor while Zak and Billy decide to do some solo vigils at the other end of the building.

We take the ovillus device with us and begin our session. For a long time nothing happens and we discuss finishing up the session if we don't capture anything soon. As if it were waiting for its moment this is when the communication started to come through.

"Hospital." The electronic voice rang out.

"Woah!"Aaron exclaimed in surprise.

"Well, that's definitely relevant." I mumble. "Were you a patient here?"I ask and wait for a response.

"Electric...danger...room."The mechanical voice spits out in quick succession.

"What does that mean?" Aaron wonders. We try and get more of an explanation but the device falls silent once again. We head back to base and give Jay the footage to have a quick look through, while we watch Zak and Billy on the monitors as they finish up their sessions.

"Shit!"Jay suddenly looks up with shock taking off his headphones. "You guys need to hear this."

He rewinds the video of Aaron and I that was taken on the x camera as we were talking with the ovillus.

"Listen carefully between the words 'electric' and 'danger.' He tells us as he cues up the video. We do as we say and I feel my jaw drop in shock.

"Zzzzaaak"A hideous voice hisses from the audio.

"Nu uh! No! I don't like that at all. Fuck! Oh! I know what it means!"It suddenly occurs to me.

"What does what mean? What don't you like?" Zak enters the room and asks before I have the chance to elaborate. Billy follows closely behind him and Jay replays the clip.

"I'm not making the connection, what do you think it is?" Zak asks me.

"Remember how I felt in that room yesterday?" I begin.

"Yeah," Zak nods.

"It was the old electro treatment room wasn't it?" I confirm with them.

"Yes! It fucking was too!" Zak jumps up, "Well you know where we're going next then."

"I was afraid you were going to say that." I sighed, trying not to be too worried, this was Zak's job he knew what he was doing but I couldn't not warn him. "All of you need to be extra careful down there. Especially you Zak, please don't let your ego get the better of you." I frown at him. Aaron raises an eyebrow, obviously not used to hearing people talk to Zak like that. Zak frowns back at me,apparently not happy at what I had just said. I don't care, I was sure this wasn't a great idea and I wanted him to stay safe.

"We'll be fine." He brushes me off. "Well all go together and we'll stick together ok." And he goes to walk past me. I grab a hold of his arm and stop him, I look up to see annoyance written all over his face.

"Please!"I plead with him quietly, without looking at me he gives a stiff nod and I get a sinking feeling in my stomach.