Chapter 76: Jokes and jealousy

Now you don't just find a witch in the yellow pages and even trusty google has its limitations if you want to find the real deal. So where on earth do we find a legit witch to help us? Well I swear Jay is a closet Winchester and comes through with a contact right here in Melbourne.

"Her name's Amber Raven." I raise my eyebrow, really? A tad cliché don't you think? I think to myself. "I know I know, but she's good. She's helped me with a lot of research for the show and with protections for Ash." He explains as if reading my doubts. "I'll give her a call in the morning."

"Well ok, that was easier than expected." Zak muses.

"In the meantime can I suggest you burn some sage maybe pick up some other protection charms or something, sounds like this thing is getting antsy." Jay suggests.

"You know for a man of few words, when you do say something it makes a lot of sense." I tease him and google where the nearest new age shop might be. "Gonna call you Gandalf from now on!" I grin as he blushes. "I guess we're going on a shopping trip."

"Yay, toys!" Aaron pipes up making me snort and Zak roll his eyes.

"We're gonna head back to the hotel if that's ok with you guys. Wives to skype and all that." Billy shrugs on his jacket.

"Of course you guys go." Zak agrees.

"Whipped!" Aaron shouts after Billy and Jay as they leave, until I punch him in the arm. "Zaaaak! Tell her!" Aaron whinges like a little kid as I keep poking him in the same spot as I had just whacked him and he cowers away from me.

"Oh my god will you two behave?! Am I the only one who acts their age around here?" Zak asks in exasperation.

"Nah you don't even, you're acting like an old fuddy duddy." I grin at him and Aaron gives me a high five. I shriek as Zak makes a dive for me but I hide behind Aaron, peeking over his shoulder to stick my tongue out at him.

"Oh my god I'm getting my shoes on then we're going." He stomps off into the bedroom.

"Yes Daaaad!" Aaron and I chime and collapse into a heap, giggling uncontrollably. Zak waits impatiently at the front door as we struggle to pull ourselves together. As we exit under Zak's steely gaze he stops me as I walk past.

"You're so going to pay for that young lady." He whispers huskily in my ear making me gulp.

"Promises, promises!" I sing, trying not to let it show that he had stirred the heat in me.

"Oh I promise." The wolfish grin backs up his claim as he gives my behind a decent thwack, timed just right as he pulls the door closed. I bite my lip to stop myself from crying out at the sting as Zak laughs grabbing my hand and pulling me along beside him.

The smile dies on his face when I stop in front of my car. It was much easier to use public transport around most of the city so I didn't need anything fancy. My car was, shall we say, modest? I tried desperately to keep a straight face as Zak and Aaron folded themselves into my tiny beat up 20 year old Ford Fiesta. I bit my lip hard as I waited for them to buckle up and get comfortable...ish. I bumped Zak's shoulder as I fastened my own seat belt and had to adjust the rear view mirror to compensate for Aaron taking up most of the back seat. They had done well with keeping any smart arse comments to themselves but I lost it and snort escaped my lips as I hit Zak's knee as I put the car into gear. That was it the floodgates were open and tears were streaming down my face as I roared with laughter at the two giant demon hunters squished into my little car.

"Hey, cut it out!" Aaron grumbled from behind me, Zak's scowl just made me laugh harder. It took me a minute or so to regain my composure and I was still giggling when I turned the key in the ignition.