Chapter 45: Living the dream

I wake as the soft evening light streams through the open balcony doors. I find myself still locked in Zak's arms as he sleeps soundly and I watch him for a while never tiring of the face in front of me. If it weren't for the protests of my full bladder I would have been content to stay there listening to the rhythm of his deep breathing. I tried but I couldn't hold it any longer and was beginning to fidget so I gently extract myself from Zak's embrace and head to the bathroom. With him still out for the count I take the opportunity to have a long hot shower and conduct some self pampering. I dry and style my hair and get dressed feeling human again at last.

By now the room is illuminated in the mandarin glow of the setting sun. Zak is still fast asleep in bed, curled up on his side he looks incredibly cute and I can't resist climbing in to join him. I thought I had managed to sneak in without him waking until he reaches for me and pulls me close, without opening his eyes he smiles and kisses my forehead. I snuggle into him and kiss his shoulder making him moan softly.

"Mmmm you smell good." He mumbles as he nuzzles my neck.

"I wish I could say the same." I joke and start giggling.

"Hey!" He protests and starts tickling my ribs in retaliation making me shriek and wriggle, unable to break free from his grasp.

"I see you're feeling better." He laughs as he pins me beneath him.

"Heaps!"I grin up at him, sleep is still evident in his face and his hair is all mussed, as he smiles down at me my heart skips a beat.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him trying to ignore the heat in my belly.

"I feel grrrrrrreat!" He growls as he leans down and kisses me forcing his tongue into my mouth to play with mine. He suddenly leaps off the bed, leaving me flushed and breathless.

"Imma grab a shower and then we go eat." He announces and disappears into the bathroom.

"Bloody tease!" I mutter as I try and pull myself together and he pokes his head around the door.

'What was that sweetie?"
"Nothing my love!" Mutter mutter mutter, I swear he is laughing at me as he turns on the water.

We eat at the same bar we had been to on our first night and for once we felt like a normal couple, conversation flowed easily without turning to anything traumatic or abnormal. I relish the moment, Zak is relaxed and I find that there is so much more to him than I had ever imagined. When all the crazy wasn't going on I felt like we were really good together, bouncing off of each other and genuinely comfortable in each other's company. Zak's eyes were reflecting a beautiful shade of smokey blue grey and sparkled in the soft light of the table lantern, they were intoxicating. Hearing him laugh and chatter away was music to my ears, I would never tire of being with him, being myself with him came as naturally as blinking, I felt no fear or anxiety as I had in the past, I bask in the warm glow that radiates from him and live in that moment.

After dinner we take a moonlit walk along the beach, with the full moon above us illuminating our way, the crashing of the waves and the fresh salt air its all sickeningly romantic and I am loving every second. I tell Zak that I never want the evening to end as we stop to watch the waves crash over the rocks.

"It is pretty perfect." He agrees and pulls me in for a kiss. I sigh contentedly and we slowly make our way back to the hotel. I'm reluctant to break the spell, I feel like i'm in a fairy tale. I needn't have worried, back in our room we lay together and talk for hours about everything and anything until we gravitate towards each other and begin to explore each other's bodies, discovering the real meaning of making love. We fit like puzzle pieces, slotting together emotionally, physically and spiritually. The night ends as my dreams come true.

 The night ends as my dreams come true

Sorry about the soppiness but it kind of felt necessary after the last couple of chapters! *GM*