Chapter 11: Bedtime story

We move inside to the luxurious bedroom with its extravagant super king bed. Zak heads to the bathroom as I perch on the end of the bed waiting my turn. I couldn't help feeling nervous, I was going to be sharing bed with Zak Bagans... Again! But I was also so happy to be there, I kind of rocked a little with the pent up nervous energy. Zak returns and there he is standing there in just his boxers, red and black this time. Once more I fight to maintain eye contact but can't stop the flush that is surely creeping across my cheeks.

"I've put out a toothbrush for you and the towel on the hook is all yours,oh and... Zak turns around and rummages through the wardrobe behind him, giving me quite the view of his tight boxer brief clad behind. The flush grew in my cheeks and the room felt hot all of a sudden. He turned back to me and I snapped my eyes back to his face but couldn't help the smirk that played across my lips, he smirks right back and raises his eyebrow at me. Gah! So busted! I feel like I might implode with shame.

"Here you can wear this." He tried not to laugh and handed me an over size black tee with a faded gothic cross printed on the front.

"Oh yeah, thanks." I mumble and scuttle to the bathroom before I can embarrass myself any further, i'm sure I can hear him laughing as I close the door behind me.

I splash my face with cold water to calm myself down a little and change into the shirt which is so big that it falls of my shoulder and is just long enough to cover my arse. I feel self conscious about walking out there in front of him. Lucky I have on some of my best underwear! Ha!

I open the door and stick my head around the corner. I see Zak already in bed, sheet pulled up to his waist, head propped up on his elbow and smiling at me. Dammit, i'm going to have to make a run for it. He gives me a little encouraging wave and I gulp. With a hop, a skip and a jump i'm at the bed and diving under the covers. I fall back on to the plush pillows and let out a sigh of relief. I turn to my left and smile as I find Zak grinning at me goofily.

"Whaaaaaat?"I frown at him.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." He continues to grin at me. I shrug, 'weirdo' I think.

"Sweetie?"His voice low and husky.

"Hmmm?"I respond, feeling dozy now my head has hit the pillow.

"Would you mind if I hugged you for a while?" He asks sounding a little nervous. I turn towards him and find myself drowning in those ocean eyes, there's not even a hint of a smile left on his face as he awaits my answer. My breath hitches in my throat, his gaze is so intense! I find it hard to speak,

"Honestly,"I finally force myself to whisper, I would love nothing more." I admit, surprised at myself for being so forth coming. He gets that smile on his face. You know the one, slightly crooked, lips barely parted and his eyes shining. I couldn't turn away and my heart is beating so hard that he must be able to hear it. He finally breaks his gaze and turns to switch off the light and i'm bathed in darkness.

I feel Zak scooch towards me and I turn to face away from him, not wanting to give him the wrong (or was it the right?) impression. I feel his left arm slide under the pillow beneath my head and his right slips over my waist. He effortlessly pulls me towards him, so he was as close as could be behind me. My butt was pressed right into his lap, I daren't move a muscle. Yet this wasn't quite close enough for Zak and he wraps his leg over mine so I am literally cocooned in his embrace. I can't hold in the contented sigh that escapes my lips as I feel him bury his face into my hair and breathes in deeply.

"You always smell so good." He mumbles sleepily, I grin to myself.

"So do you." I whisper back and I swear I can feel him smile into my hair. He leans forward and kisses me softly between my neck and shoulder, I shiver involuntarily as electricity runs through my veins. I reach for his hand and bring his fingers to my lips and kiss them, I drop his hand back to my waist but leave our fingers entwined and clutch his arm close to my body as his left arm holds me tight across the chest.

A contented sigh drifts from behind me, quickly followed by soft snores close to my ear, hot breath on my shoulder. We're so close that I can feel the rhythmic rise and of his chest behind me and it soon lulls me into a deep sleep as I feel so safe, I feel like i'm finally home.

 We're so close that I can feel the rhythmic rise and of his chest behind me and it soon lulls me into a deep sleep as I feel so safe, I feel like i'm finally home

Sigh indeed. *GM*