Chapter 23: Electric premonition

For the first time in days I wake up to the bed empty next to me. A moment of panic hits me until my eyes fall upon the hunched figure of Zak working at the desk in the corner. Laptop open and headphones on he is completely immersed in his work, tapping his fingers to the beat of the music in his ears. I watch him for a minute or so, studying his mannerisms and expressions. I loved his complete concentration and serious set of his face as he clicked through the tabs on his screen. I roll out of bed and approach him without him noticing, I slide my hands over his bare shoulders across his chest and bend to kiss his cheek. He places his hand on mine, removes his headphones and greets me with a big smile.

"G'morning beautiful."

"Morning gorgeous." I grin back. "Sleep well?"

"As always. I took the liberty of ordering up some breakfast, there's tea, coffee, juice croissants, cereal." He gestured towards the balcony.

"Woah I must have been out not to hear this lot being delivered." I say in surprise.

"You sure were, must be tired from all the excitement." He winked and nudges me, I roll my eyes and go to get me some breakfast.

"So what's the plan for today?" I ask munching on a slice of toast.

"Well we have to go to the location at the Freemantle Arts Centre to conduct some interviews this afternoon, then after everyone has left we'll be doing a quick walk through. You can come, or not its up to you."

"Ummm well I don't want to get in the way for the interviews but i'd like to be there for walk through so I know what to expect." I say, excited to be visiting a location that i'm not familiar with.

"Yeah, ok you can meet us there about 5ish." He suggests.

"Sounds like a plan, I might have a bit of an explore around Perth while you're busy." I ponder.

"I wish I could join you." Zak tells me.

"Nah, you don't, you've got spirits to chase Mr Ghost hunter." I tease and he laughs.

An hour or so later Zak goes to prep for the interviews and I take the opportunity to shower and check out where I might spend my afternoon. There's a knock on my door and I find Zak all loaded up with his equipment bag and hear the other guys just down the hallway.

"Ok we're off to the arts centre, sure you don't wanna come for the interviews?" He asks and I shake my head no. "Ok well meet us there about 5 ok? And have a good afternoon sweetie."

"I will, stay safe ok?" I insist,

"Its just interviews." He smirks.

"Iknow bu..." He cuts off my words with a kiss that takes my breath away.

"See you at 5." He winks and I just about manage a nod.

"Bye Trace! I hear Aaron yell as i'm shutting the door behind me.

I spend a pleasant afternoon exploring and shopping then make my way over to the arts centre as we had arranged. When I get there I see Billy working out of the back of the rental and walk over to him.

"Hey Billy, how are things going?" I ask.

"Oh hey Tracy, its been really good, I think we're going to be in for a great night tomorrow." He looks eager to get started already. "The guys were just finishing up the last interview they should be out any minute."

"Cool no rush." I look up at the stone building ahead of me and give an involuntary shiver.

" I look up at the stone building ahead of me and give an involuntary shiver

"You ok Tracy." Billy asks noticing my discomfort.

"Umm yeah, fine." I shrug but Billy looks sceptical. I couldn't describe the uneasy feeling that briefly washed over me and I didn't get the chance as at that moment the rest of the crew exited the building talking excitedly amongst themselves.

"Hi babe, hi guys." I greet them all as they come over. "How's it going?"

"Good so far, there's some great eye witness accounts!" Enthuses Aaron.

"Yep, looking forward to tomorrow." Jay tells me.

"Hi honey." Zak says softly and kisses me quickly, I smile and stroke his arm

We all collect ourselves and go inside for the walk through with the current manager and someone who had known it in its previous guise of an asylum. They pointed out active areas and the guys chose where they wanted to place the X cameras. We soon found ourselves in what used to be the electro treatment room. I shudder as soon as I step over the threshold. No one else seems bothered by the atmosphere but I sense an air of malevolence as soon as I walk inside.

"I don't like it in here." I speak up.

'What's up Tracy?" Billy asks.

"I don't know, its hard to describe, it just feels wrong, dangerous even. Nope, don't like it." I try to explain.

"We'll definitely have to check it out tomorrow, Aaron set up an x camera in here." Zak orders as he rubs my back.

"You should be careful." I say convinced that something is going to happen in here. "Can we leave now?" I'm unable to stand it any longer, I feel so uneasy and paranoid. Zak leads me out by the handand I immediately begin to feel better.

"Are you ok sweetheart?" He asks scanning my features in concern.

'Yeah, yeah there's just something about that room, I can't place my finger on it, its horrible but even just stepping out of the door I feel heaps better." He rubs my shoulder and nods.

We carry on through the rest of the building without any further incident and we are soon packing up and ready to leave. We stop for food on the way back to the hotel and all go our separate ways for the evening. Well I say all of us but Zak follows me to my room, no discussion, both of us assuming that's the way it is going to be. We settle down for a quiet night, watch a movie and then early to bed. I still marvel at how well I sleep in Zak's presence, savouring his calming effect on me.

Hmmm what's in the electro room?! I know! I know! ;) *GM*