Chapter 21

Rosita's POV:

Next day Rick decided to do something about the Garbage People.

"Aren't they gonna help us for the war?" Carl asked.

Rick shook his head, "The deal is over. We thought they were with us, but it turned out they're working for the Saviors instead. We can't trust them even though we need weapons and people."

I glanced at Daryl. He was right since the beginning.

"That means we should find more weapons and people." Michonne said, "...if we can."

"Daryl and I can go on a run, just like we always do." I said looking at Daryl and he nodded silently.

"Okay, but not just two of you." Rick told us. "Aaron, Eric, Tara, Michonne, Gabriel, Glenn and I'll go with you-"

"Hol' up there, buddy," Tara said, "The Saviors may come to looking for Rosita since we escaped her."

I felt Daryl's hand in mine.

"Yeah, someone should stay here then, just like I said, we have to keep numbers here." Rick said.

"I'll stay." Glenn said looking at Maggie and her baby bump.

~~~~

Ten minutes later we went to our house for packing stuff. I quickly started to grab every useful thing for the run, but Daryl held my hand when I was a about to threw a camp tent to the bag.

"Are you sure about this?"

"About what?" I asked.

"For this run. You just got back into Negan's place, I mean, can you just stay here and be safe at least-"

I placed a finger on his lips, "I'm already safe when I'm with you. So you don't have to worry about that."
And I pulled my arms around him and kissed him.

We left the house and started going towards the gate where Rick and the others were packing up the RV and a couple of cars.

Daryl, Tara, Michonne and I took the car and started to drive along the road.

~~~~

Daryl stopped the car after twenty minutes to see deep muddy lake along the woods, the path was ending with few of empty trucks.

"It kinda looks abandoned, does it?" Tara asked.

"Nah, I can see couple of shelters or somethin' like that in the end of the lake." Daryl said.

"So, what are we gonna do now?"
I asked.

"There's one thing to do, right?" Daryl said while got out of the car.

We followed him and saw two little boats at the floating surface of the lake.

"We can use these to get out of the other side," Rick said when they stopped their car and pointed out to the boats. "There are some kind of sanctuary in the other side of the lake."

"But the boats aren't looking stable at all, they can be tilt over with our weight." I said.

We decided to use them as in groups and I took the first boat with Daryl, Tara and Gabriel.

Luckily, passing the lake was quite unproblematic. Five minutes later we put the boats down and looked around.

Then I heard someone's scream, "Natania! There are people in here!"