Chapter 49

Recap:

"It's safe!" I said and Michonne stepped on the house too.

She jumped on a dusty coach and stretched her leg. I sat on the another couch, my muscles protested as I rolled my shoulders and stretched to ease the stiffness from carrying Michonne.

"Home sweet home."

Rosita's POV:

"Here. Take these too." I handed Michonne few tablet of painkillers and a bottle of water after wrapped her leg with bandages.

When I finished taking care of Michonne, I made my way to the kitchen. The building had thick walls and small windows. But it wasn't like Alexandria. It wasn't like home.

I took a deep breathe and looked out of the kitchen window, wondering if Daryl is safe. It was almost midnight now and my mind was full of stress and concern about where Daryl is. Because he was on the run too and I hoped that he found some place to stay in the night.

I started to check out the shelves. I gasped when I opened a cupboard which was full of canned beans, Ramen noodles, canned fruit and soup mixes.

"Michonne, you should definitely see this."

"What?" Michonne turned her head to look at me without leaving her couch and chuckled at the view. "Woah. This place is like a gold mine."

Daryl's POV:

"What now?" I asked, just an octave above a whisper as both of my hands clutched the leather steering wheel. My knuckles were probably white, but it was too dark to tell.

"Just keep going straight. We are getting close to the store." Rick informed me.

I kept my eyes on barren road and kept driving, silently praying to find her.

"Turn from that way." Rick demanded and I did what he said.

After a minute, I saw a car in the middle of the road which was every wheels of if were went down. Suddenly I felt sick to my stomach.

"Shit. This is their car." Rick whispered and I stopped the car immediately.

We got out of the car with pale
faces.

"What the hell?" I yelled without thinking that walkers could hear and bashed my fists to the car angrily.

Rick started to check out the car to find any tips to find them, but all he found was dried blood in the backseat.

"This is all your fault!" I turned my face to Rick. Anger and sadness filled every inch of my body.

"I am telling you one last time, Michonne is out there too. I am as worried as you." He replied with an impatient tone.

"I don't care!" I yelled at his face, not even trying to lower my voice.

"Shit." Rick suddenly whispered and that was the moment I saw walkers coming from the forest.

"We should go." Rick said and got in the car quickly.

"I ain't gonna leave without her!"

"Daryl, you dumb shit, get in the car now!" Rick said, gritting his teeth.

I took a look at the horde which were getting close to us and jumped in the car. My thoughts were floating over Rosita while Rick started driving.

"Hey." Rick glanced at me, sadness was all over his face. "We'll find them."

I just nodded, not believing it at all.

Rosita's POV:

When we finished eating our canned food, I put my empty cans on the sink and turned to my couch again. I sat and cleared my throat. "Michonne." I was considering talking to her about Tara, and since both of us are stuck in this old house, I can't think anything better to do.

"Yeah?" She replied, adjusting her leg with a painful expression on her face.

"I need to tell you about something happened recently." I took a deep breathe. "It's about me...and Tara."

She quickly looked at me, she was confused, I could tell that.

"I-" I started, then sighed, scrubbing my hands over my face in guilt. "You promise that you're not gonna tell Daryl, okay?"

Well, she was looking even more confused now, but she nodded slowly.

"Okay, uhm, few nights ago, Tara was pretty sad because of Denise, and I tried to calm her down, I tried to l her..." I looked down at my hands, "I guess she got relieved way too much, and she- she kissed me."

"Sorry, what?"

"Tara. She kissed me." I repeated.

It was hard to tell what she was thinking but she was only surprised.

"What actually happened?"

"I told you." I shook my head in disbelief. "She was sad and-- we talked– and then she reached up and..."

"Yeah, I got that." Michonne cut me off. "But why?"

"I really don't know."

"Did you kiss her back?"

"I-" I thought about it for a second. "Nope, I didn't."

"And-?" Michonne glanced me, "Do you love Daryl?"

"Yeah." I replied softly, even hearing his name sent me goosebumps.

"Then that kiss means nothing. It doesn't mean that you like Tara more than friends. End of the discussion." She laid back on her couch again, "Now, I'm gonna sleep if you let me."

I chuckled, relieving by the small talk we had, "Yeah, sure."