Chapter 43

Recap:

"I've always wanted us to be more than friends." She shouted but I didn't turn my back. I kept walking.

The harsh wind whipped at my hair as I continued walking, I knew it was cold but I couldn't feel it. I was crying.

What the fuck did just happen?

Daryl's POV:

When I was done with Dwight, I left him with Rick and tried to find Rosita. She was gone for about an hour and I was assuming that she was with Tara. But I still needed to see her.

Finally I came to Tara's house. Tara was sitting in the porch. The weather was cold but she wasn't seem to notice it. She was just sitting in there without even blinking her eyes.

"Hey." I said and she looked up to me. There were bags under her eyes.

"What?"

"Did ya see Rosita?" I asked.

She chuckled sarcastically. "I didn't."

I was about to tell her that she needs to get her shit together but I needed to find Rosita first. I left Tara on the porch and started to head to our house to check if she was there.

There wasn't any light was coming from the house. Still, I knocked the door.

"Rosita, are you there?" I asked hoping she can hear me.

She opened the door after the third knock. She was looking exhausted but she was okay.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close. "Are you alright?"

There was a moment of silence before she answered."Yeah."

We walked in to our house and I closed the door. Then I lit the lights and saw that her eyes were red.

We sat on the couch and I gently put a blanket on top of us.

"Are you okay? Like- really okay?" I asked with concern.

"Daryl, stop asking that. I'm fine." She put her head on my chest as I wrapped my arms around her, I was completely lost in her warmth.

"Did somethin' happen?" I asked again.

"No, I'm just-" She sighed. "I don't trust Dwight and it haunts me that he is going to stay here a bit."

I can see that there is something in her eyes that tells me its a different thing that haunts her. But I decided to leave it there till she tells me what it is because she didn't seem like wanting to talk about it.

"I don't want to think about anything now." She slipped her hands into my messy hair and run them through it. Clearly pleased with her actions, I let out a content sigh and held her a bit tighter than before.

"You know, we could have moved to a more comfortable place… like I don’t know, maybe a bedroom?" I said.

Rosita's POV:

I chuckled while pulling him towards me,  his lips moved hungrily against mine, deepening the kiss by sliding his tongue in my mouth. He moved me to be beneath him on the couch as he hovered just inches above me. Smiling into the kiss, I melted into his loving touches. I kissed him hard to push the image of Tara kissing me. Drawing away from my lips, he didn’t leave my skin and trailed small kisses across my jaw and down my neck. His hands were quick to attach to my hips and one is fiddling with the button on my pants. He pulled them off slowly, taking me in as he does.

I wish I never gave Tara to opportunity to kiss me. But I can't fix that now, so I just decided to forget it and act like it never happened. And damn, it was really easy to forget while I was in the arms of man I love.