Chapter 54

Recap:

We sat quietly without even a single sound.

"I should go now." I got up and she smiled at me lightly.

"Good night, Daryl."

"Good night."

Rosita's POV:

I woke up with a body against on my back and arms around my waist. I felt shuffling beside me and I heard a raspy, husky "Mornin'," from behind.

"Good morning," I said softly, turning my face to see him. Daryl's hair was messy as always but in a adorable morning way.

I put my hand on his cheek, caressing it lightly. "Rick said that he wants to talk to us." I said.

"Why?"

"Dwight has a plan," I replied, "He said Negan is preparing for an attack here. But since we know that, we can catch him before the Saviours come here."

He nodded but didn't say anything. I sighed.

"I don't trust Dwight either but he wants to help us. That's the one thing that matter."

"Yeah, right." He pulled me close and put his face on my neck, taking a deep breath.
"I'm still gonna kill him when we are done with him."

~

After our breakfast, which was some cereal, we headed out to find Rick. He was standing in front of the gates with Michonne.

"I told him about Dwight's plan already."
I said when we approached to them.

"Alright," Rick said, "He also said that he can give one of the walkie-talkies to us, so we can be informed about where Negan is."

"Our point is, when Negan made his way to Alexandria tomorrow, we'll be already at the road to catch him off guard." Michonne added.

"Yeah, it's makes sense." Daryl nodded.

"What are we gonna do with the new girl, Alexis,  by the way?" Michonne asked. "Can we trust her?"

"We can just leave her here." I rolled my eyes.

"I've seen how she fights. She can help." Daryl said and I looked at him with disbelief.

"We don't know if we can trust her." I spat.

"Well, it's a good way to find out then." Rick said and looked at Daryl, "Tell her to get ready for a war."

Daryl nodded and held my hand as we both started to walk away.

"Do you trust her?" I asked, barely controlling my voice.

He ran his hand over his face tiredly.
"Shit, Rosita, I'm only sayin' that she can be one of us."

I bit my lip, "Fine. Just let me do the talking, okay? I'm gonna cut it short as much as possible."

He chuckled and nodded. After a minute we stopped at the house which was belong to Maggie, Enid and now Alexis.

Alexis opened the door as I folded my arms, positioning myself in front of Daryl.

"We have to fight to some people and you're coming too. Prepare your stuff." I said shortly.

"What?" She was confused, she looked right above my head- looked at Daryl. "What's happening?"

"That was pretty short." Daryl whispered to me, clearly entertained by my actions.

Daryl's POV:

Alexandrians were preparing for the upcoming war tomorrow. When we finished packing our guns, ammos and medical stuff, I grabbed Rosita's hand gently and pulled her next to me in the couch. She put her head on my chest as I wrapped my arms around her.

Rosita was quiet for a few minutes, and I knew she was trying to find a way to get the words out. I smoothed her hair down slowly, before playing with the ends of it.

“Do you think we’re going to finish this tomorrow? End Negan?" She asked.

I sighed. Every time that we've gotten some sort of peace, it’s been ruined by something. I never really known if we could be truly safe again. There was always something. And now there’s war brewing, again, and I am honestly fucking over it.

"I dunno. I hope so.”

"I’m tired of fighting," Rosita murmured.

"I am too," I replied quietly, my thumb rubbing circles on her arm.

"I just want us to be safe. You and I, and everyone else. That’s all I want." She said.

"We will. I’m gonna do whatever I can to keep you safe." I said.

"I love you." Rosita whispered, holding me tightly.

I gently raised her chin to look at her, our eyes locked. Her chocolate brown eyes shined against my cobalt blue ones.
"I love you too." I said as I leaned down to kiss her, our lips meeting in passion and desire.

I let my hands run down her body. I could feel myself got excited and knew we needed to stop before things got too out of hand.

I broke the kiss unwillingly.
"Get some sleep, babe. We've got a long day ahead of us."

Rosita nodded as closing her eyes. She snuggled closer to me. We both fell into a restful sleep. Holding each other close, our heartbeats were beating as one.