Chapter 60

Recap:

Rosita was about to say something but I captured her lips with mine just in time,
I took her jacket and shirt off as I gently pushed her to the bed. I started trailing kisses onto her neck. She inhaled deeply and shuddered as I grined under her neck.

"You know how to shut my mouth up." She managed to say.

"I ain't that stupid to get a pregnant Latina mad." I leaned in close to her ear and whispered.

Daryl's POV:

"I got ya some more tea."

Rosita lifted her head to see me, she greatfully took the mud in her hands as I sat next to her in the watch tower.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

She took a little sip of tea before answered,
"I still have a bit of nausea and I feel tired as hell but Doctor Carson said that I'm two months pregnant." She smiled at me widely, "Can't wait to have our baby."

"Me too, babe." I said and put a gentle kiss on her lips.

We sat quietly for a while till we heard a male voice, "Daryl! Come down here, I wanna talk to you."

It was Rick, he was standing in the stairs of the watch tower. I sighed as leaving Rosita alone and meeting Rick, Tara and Michonne in the gates of Hilltop.

"What happened?" I asked.

"We have so much communities to feed now- but we are out of food, I want you to go on a run." Rick said.

Run... That means leaving Rosita alone for a while when she's pregnant.

Hell no.

"Rick..." I rubbed my face wearily, "Can't be someone else go this time?

He raised his eyebrows, looking confused, "But you- you've never wanted to stay behind instead of going on a run before. Man, are you still mad at me that not killing Negan? I bet that's why you don't want to go."

"Well, you know that I'm mad at ya but it's not about that-"

"Then you are going on a run." Michonne said, attempting to end the discuss.

Just tell 'em that Rosita's pregnant.

Right after I thought about that, Rosita climbed down on the watch tower's stairs.

"What's happening in here?" She asked.

"Daryl decided to live his honeymoon a lil' more." Tara laughed. "He doesn't want to go on a run."

"Hey- I ain't-" I started.

"How long this run will be?" Rosita cut me off and turned her face to Rick.

"Till they find enough stuff."

"You're the hunter one- stop being a jackass, man." Tara said.

"Okay, okay, just shut up, I'm in." I finally said."I'm in, I'll go on this damn run."

I couldn't find guts to turn my face to see Rosita- I knew she was disappointed- but she was the one who didn't want to tell them that she was pregnant, if I could've, maybe I wouldn't have to leave her behind now.

"I'll get my stuff." I said.

"Wait- you are not going alone," Rick stopped me, "Rosita- can you go with him too?"

"No- she can't." I said as everyone, except Rosita, was looking at me with disbelief. "I mean, it'll be dangerous."

"Yeah, I'd be better if I didn't come." She agreed quickly.

"Alright, then Alexis will go with Daryl. She was looking pretty excited when I first told her." Rick smiled.

Rosita met my gaze, she let out a dry chuckle, shaking her head with disbelief, she walked away.

Rosita's POV:

I found out that I was pregnant couple days ago, I need him more than ever. I need him to tell me that everything is gonna be okay.
I need him. But he decided to go on a run with Alexis.

I got into our room and slammed the door shut. I sat in the bed, my cheeks were wet from tears. I didn't even notice that I was crying.

I don't even know why I am crying. Fucking hormones.

Daryl knocked the door gently and entered the bedroom.

I quickly wiped away my tears as he sat next to me without making any sound.

"Ya good?" He asked with his husky voice.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I said with sarcasm. "You are going on a run with a stranger instead of staying with me during my pregnancy."

"Rosita, you already know that I can't stay here till the day you give birth. And you know that I'm in the scavenge group, which means I have to go out most of the time."

"Yeah, I get it." I looked at him and smiled weakly, "I was being stupid."

"It's 'cause of the hormones." Daryl replied.

"What? You can't just say it's because of hormones anytime you think you're right!" I raised my voice as my anger was building up again.

"Shit, Rosi-" He rubbed his face with his hand wearily, "I'll be back soon, okay? Then why are we still discussing that?"

Another cramp hit me in my stomach and I gasped audibly.

"What- what's wrong? Is it about the baby?" Studying my actions, Daryl asked nervously.

"Don't worry, it'll be go away soon, it happens almost everyday now."

Daryl bit his lip. "I can't leave you like that-"

"No, you should go. Also I'm not ready for them to know that I'm pregnant- just not yet." I managed to smile a little,
"Don't worry about me."