Chapter 33

Rosita's POV:

A gunshot rung out echoing in the war-zone, followed by a thud as Negan hit the floor with blood on his right shoulder.

Shit. I missed it. He is still alive.

I lifted up my gun for another shot while I was watching Negan groan in pain but suddenly someone grabbed me on the back and throw me on the ground. It was one of the Saviors.
I looked up for where Negan is and
I let out a gasp with disappointment because he was already in his truck, driving to the gates I reached out for my gun but the Savior took it and aimed towards me.

He kept me on the ground with his rough hands and put he gun down on my head. I used my feet to push him off of me but suddenly he punched me in the face harshly. My eyes got shut for a second in pain and I let out a choked gasp, but I quickly got stood up and spat out a mouthful of blood on the ground.

I could tell that he was ready to pull the trigger, if Daryl didn't ran full speed into him and pushed him to the ground with anger.

"What the f-!" The words were barely able to leave his lips before the fist was launched into his face. Daryl yanked him up by his hair and slammed him into the ground few times.

He spit out so much blood and he had curled up into a ball as I watch the scene quietly. The Savior made an attempt to scream, but all that came out was a ragged gasp while Daryl beating him to death.

Suddenly Daryl stood up to grabbing his knife, and he leaned down again to stab him in his head.

He threw his knife and the knife fell on the ground with a metalic sound.

He approached to me, but then he glanced at his bloody hands and suddenly stopped with a shaky breathe.

With sensing his discomfort, I felt myself inching closer to him and looked up his eyes as his gaze locked securely on my eyes.

"It's alright." I rested my hand gently on his cheek before pulling him for a hug.

~~~~

"I couldn't killed Negan." I said when we get back to the where our group still fighting.

"He did ran away, I saw him." Aaron said while another group of Saviors came for an attack.

"We can't make it, they're too many!" Tara yelled.

"No, we can." Rick said looking at the gates: people from Hilltop was coming and Maggie was the one that who lead them. After a second I saw something which makes my hope grew even more: the Kingdom was coming as well to join us in the war.

But right after that, I saw something that freezes my blood: Simon lifted his weapon and pointed it to Daryl.

I gasped loudly and quickly aimed my gun to him.

Shit. I was out of ammo.

"Daryl, watch out!" I yelled right after before Simon pulls the trigger. Daryl turned to me and Simon missed it. I let out my breathe when I filling up my gun.

Suddenly the smell of rain and wood filled my nostrils, momentarily blocking out the scents of blood and death around us. I looked down to see so many dead bodies on the ground.

But the war was still going. Simon aimed his weapon to our group for one last time. He pulled the trigger three times from distance and someone fell on the ground, slowly.

Maggie rushed out and is shocked to see Glenn lying there. She kneeled down besides him and I watch them with tears in my eyes. I felt like someone just ripped my heart out when a final scream managed to escape Maggie's mouth.

Suddenly another gunshot sound which coming from Daryl's gun shattered the air. I watched it when Simon's body fell on the ground, he was dead.

I approached to Maggie as she kissed him and strokes his hair.

Glenn's eyes darkened.
"M-Maggie..."

Maggie was crying uncontrollably.

Then he trying to smile to her, ignoring the bullets on his body which sending blood on everywhere.

"See you in the next life."