Chapter 68

Recap:

I smiled and whispered against her lips, "I love you."

I felt his smirk into my lips, "I love you too, I love you so damn much."

I buried my face in his neck and let out a sigh. I couldn't be happy more.

Rosita's POV:

"Push, Rosita."

The voice that had spoken was familiar. But there was no urgency, certainly no warmth.

I was sweating and all of the inches of my body were hurting but I did what Dr. Carson's said, I pushed it like my life was depends on it.

I was in some kind of hospital bed to give birth.

"Push," Carson said again.

Where was Daryl? There was no way in hell that he wouldn't be here, squeezing my hand, stroking my hair, encouraging me. He would be here.

This was all wrong.

"Push."

I felt something like pressure, and then a release, and I screamed in pain and terror even though the pain never really came. I lifted my head as far as I could, trying frantically to see the doctor and my baby.

"I'm sorry, Rosita. The baby is dead."

Icy fear ran down on my spine, I tried to scream and cry but I couldn't even move...

"Rosita, Rosita!"

This voice I knew. This voice wasn't cold and flat; it was all loving and right now, suffused with worry.

"Rosita, it's okay. Wake up."

Daryl. His warm hand on my arm; his breath on my face as he leaned in to look at me.

"It was a nightmare, babe. You're safe now."

I opened my eyes. And I looked up to see the concerned face of Daryl. I reached up instinctively to touch my belly, thank God,
I was still pregnant.

"It's okay," I assured him. "I'm fine."

Daryl exhaled and continued to stroke my arm soothingly. I scooted back a bit and sat up slightly, resting on the pillows. I was cold.

"A bad nightmare, wasn't it?" He asked quietly.

I hesitated, I didn't want to worry him. Besides, I was safe now. I was in the arms of man I love. The bad memory of nightmare faded.

"Yeah, but I'm okay now." I said and tried to smile a little.

Daryl was still looking concerned but I continued, "I was giving birth, in my dream, but the baby- born dead." I managed to say.

He was quiet, but I felt the tension in his body.

"Rosita, I'm sorry." He whispered and pulled his arms to me as close as he could. He then reached up to rest his hand against my stomach, rubbing gentle circles with his thumb.

"It's okay," I replied. "This is just normal pregnancy anxiety."

He brushed my hair behind my ear, then leaned in very slowly to kiss me softly. I melted into the kiss, a warm feeling filled every inch of my body as he pulled me close.

"We'll be fine." He whispered while pulling me to the bed gently, I laid next to him lazily. "And the baby will be fine too."

"I know," I let out sigh and snuggled to him to sleep some more till sun comes out.

~

Morning came unbelievably quickly, I headed out to the watch tower for my shift after breakfast.

I was surprised to find Alexis there.

I grit my teeth and put on my gun belt, she watched my movements quietly.

"I took over your watch." She finally said.

"What?" I turned my face to her, she caught me off guard.

"I took over your watch- you need to rest." She repeated.

"Why?" I raised a brow at her.

She let out a deep sigh, "I know you're pregnant, okay?"

I kept looking at her with a look could kill. She turned her face away and looked at the gates instead. I bit my lip uncomfortably, wondering if Daryl told her.

"Did Daryl tell you that?" I asked her coldly.

"No- no, I figured it out somehow." She replied quickly.

I nodded, "Then you should be pretty stupid for trying to get close to a man who is expecting a baby with his girlfriend."

She looked at me, her face fell as her eyes shined with a cold look. "Listen, I have to admit that I like Daryl. And yeah, he is grown up on me when everytime I looked at him."

"What the fuck are you talking about?"
I said bitting my lip so hard that it started to bleed.

She exclaimed with a shaky voice. "You know what? You're never gonna understand how bad it hurts me whenever caught you two kissing. Whenever you two look at each other with love on your eyes, it makes me wanna kill myself. Because I finally found warmth in someone in this fucked up world but then I found out that he is already taken by you!" She was breathless, her chest was rising and lowering quickly.

"What the hell are you talking about? You grew interest on someone knowing that he has a girlfriend? You should never done that in the first place!" I was almost screaming now, my eyes were buring with tears. My mind was swimming on that Abraham-Sasha triangle, I couldn't believe that this was happening again.

"He saved me, don't you get it? He saved me when I was about to die on walkers, but then....he- he saved me in a different way too..." She stopped, afraid to reveal what she actually feels. "But my purpose was not to steal him from you. I never do that!"

I let out a dry chuckle, "Yeah, and do you expect me to believe that?"

She took a step closer to me, taking a deep breathe, "Believe it or not, I still like him, but I can't do that, I can't steal him from you." She laughed with bitterness, "He wouldn't let me."

"You're right," I spat cruelly, "He would never do that. I'm the one he has fell for, not you."

She turned her face away and wiped her tears, "Yeah, you don't have to worry about that. I'm not even gonna try to talk to him anymore."

With that, she climbed down the watch tower's stairs and left

With that, she climbed down the watch tower's stairs and left. I stood there for a second then sat on my kness, sobbing silently.

*

A/N: was that a bit harsh? lmao tell me what you think below the comments😅👇