Chapter 31

Rosita's POV:

I looked over to truck and counted the guns and ammunition. It was almost enough for an army.

It was a beautiful sunny morning in the Alexandria, the sun was shinning bright in the sky and there was a sense of calm and peace in the air, the silence and beauty between violence and suffer.

I tightened up my ponytail and thought about the upcoming war.

I can't help but wonder how this war will end. Maybe out of the ashes we will rise a new world, a future for ours. Or maybe I won't be around to see it, but that's alright. This new world will be a better one, and knowing that is enough.

Suddenly arms wrapped around my waist from behind me, making me jump, but then I relaxed again with a soft sigh as I noticed it was Daryl.

"Didn't hear you come in." I said smiling.

"What are you doing here?" He murmured, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I was checking the weapons." I said.

"Do ya think we'll win?" He asked softly, I sighed closing my eyes.

"I- I don't know." I finally whispered, not knowing what will happen after that.

Daryl grasped and turned me to him, took me in his arms. I lifted a hand on his face, gently caressing it.

"Why can't you stay here?" He asked and I sensed the sadness in his voice.

"We had talked about this, Daryl.
I want to be part of it, I want to help."

"But this is- war. I mean, who knows-"

I didn't say anything, just kept looking at his blue eyes. Suddenly he leaned in to pressing his lips to mines. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck. I could get lost in his lips and I did until we finally pressed back to gasp for air.

"Daryl-"

But the next second our lips were together. His hand wrapped around my back, pulling me even close, our bodies pressed hungrily into each other's.

Then a voice shattered the moment.

"Get a room already!" Glenn said, laughing.

We pulled apart with a shared gasp, suddenly remembering where we were... and the audience we had.

I blushed when I saw the whole group coming to us.

"If you guys are finally done, we have a war to win." Rick said while throwing an another weapon bag into the truck.

Daryl's POV:

We filled up the truck and a few cars with weapons and bombs, then we started drive to the sanctuary of Negan.

My mind was foggy. I couldn't stop think about what is gonna happen today, what if she dies during the war?

I don't even remember if there is a person who I loved as much as I love her. And I hadn't been fall in love with someone, until now...until her.

"Everyone, get ready. We're going in." Rick said. I saw the huge building in front of us and I grabbed my weapon.