chapter 3: an odd expectation

"only Allāh knows what's the best for you. never criticize his choice. there would be nothing more you'd regret -afra"

"Inaya , darling get Afra to come for breakfast

"Inaya , darling get Afra to come for breakfast ." Elsa shreiked over to catch Inaya's attention .

Inaya was in the living room , cleaning the frames and decorative items with a wet cloth .

"Sure , Mommy ." She yelled back and put her towel down on the coffee table and walked upstairs .

Inaya wondered what Afra did locked up in her room all day .

"Afra ." She knocked on the door a couple of times and twisted the knob .

Afra was lying on her stomach , reading a novel .

"Yeah ?" She looked up from the book , shut it and sat straight , her legs under her .

"Let's get breakfast ." Inaya said , toppling onto the bed and smiling wide at Afra .

"Inaya ?" She muttered under her breath , her lips twisted in an unpleasant frown .

"What's wrong Afra ?" Inaya asked , her eyes widening with shock , at her friend's sudden sulkiness .

"What happens if I die ?" Afra awkwardly questioned , her head low and her eyes flickering to Inaya's face .

Inaya's brows knit in confusion ."Why would you ? What's wrong ? Did you try hanging yourself ? Or , Oh My God , did you drink toilet cleaner ? Or d-"

Afra's eyes widened as Inaya kept on babbling .

"INAYA ! I AM FINE !" Afra yelled , rolling her eyes with a huff .