chapter 62: a not so happy birthday

"a knight in shining armour? nope, her abaya did the job - afra."

Sulaaymaan had scolded Afra a good deal and made her plop down on the bed , while he kneeled down in front of her on a knee.

Taking her hand into his , he studied the cuts thoroughly and concluded that they weren't very deep thankfully.

Grabbing the wet towel from the nightstand , he began to pat and clean up the blood that had smeared across her palm.

All the while , Afra's gaze fixed over him. He was aware of her eyes moving along with his actions. In a way, it did intrude with his comfortableness but he didn't want to startle her much since she was deeply kept by some thoughts.

"Don't wrap my entire hand with that gauze. It will arise unnecessary interrogation."

She spoke and Sulaaymaan shook his head amusingly.

"Yeah , the kind of situation that you knowingly put yourself into."

Her eyes slowly focused onto him and the moment he lifted his head to look at her, she glared.

"Okay okay relax. God, you're scary somehow."

Her face softened and she began to play around with the bangs on her forehead.

In the meanwhile, he pressed some bandages over her cuts.

"That's it. We're done."

He stood up back on his feet and Afra dropped her head low, studying her palm.

Swinging his feet playfully, he waited for her to speak up. A few minutes ticked by with her not looking up at him.