chapter 45: honey and lemon

"let the dog chase you. in the end, you'll eventually outrun him - sarah."

Afra had been pacing up and down the living room agitatedly , her gaze landing worriedly at the large double doors every few seconds .

The oil incident proved to be too shocking and she politely refused the makeover idea Queen Basmah had suggested . She had smiled reassuredly and had gone to prepare cupcakes .

The triplets were seated — with unexpected silence — watching Dora with admiration intently .

"Ukhti , I want Dora ."

Kat stood up on the sofa , turned to face Afra who seemed to be inattentive to the kid .

"Ukhti ."

Kat jumped from the couch , ran up to Afra and pulled at her sleeve .

Afra jumped a foot in the air and staggered back a few steps before turning around . Her tensed figure relaxed a moment later when she made out a very confused Kat staring back at her.

Her face broke into a shaky smile and she walked to the girl and kneeled down on her knees .

"I'm sorry darling . Ukhti is a little jumpy and worried ."

She held onto Kat's arms and looked into her curious eyes .

"Why ? Are you not alright ?"

Afra sighed and pursed her lips in a tight smile .

"Let's just say ukhti is always worried for you all and mama ."