chapter 56: million years

"engraved in my soul,
you'll live within my heart
for a million years - gabriel."

Samantha , Sarah and Hafsa were seated at the couch , staring with mouths open at Elsa and Alexander on the opposite end .

But of course they'd have the same devoid faces of perplexity and emotionlessness . Afra's news had basically turned the whole house into a frenzied environment .

"So basically you're telling that Afra is getting married ?"

For the fifth time in the last hour , Elsa and Alexander repeated the same news to the sister trio .

Clearly , Elsa had already lost all of her stamina and endurance while she discussed the news with her own brother and sister ; Valerie and Franklin .

Both of them had to be an unintentional part of a speculative debate . Wherein the opponent raised awareness over the issue of early marriages and the way it disturbed the harmonical balance in the human nature .

It had taken them over an hour to calm down the outrageous crowd . And when they supposedly were done — hoping to have a calmer response from the girls — they went ahead with disclosing the news .

"So you're basically saying — "

Alexander rolled his eyes and sat forward on the couch , his eyes transfixed and his face with a serious frown .

"— that Afra is getting married the next morning during a prayer time ! Why is it so hard to believe ?"

He roared ; despite his own discomfort . It wasn't his thing to be harsh or impatient , but the events and the stress it brought along just made him cranky and overwhelmed .