chapter 34: relief

"the world has a king's seat for cheaters and disobeyers and rusted ground for the true believers - afra."

Gabriel had been patting his feet nervously , glancing at the backyard door every second or so .

The last night , Hafsa had texted him . She wanted to have a chat with him at the earliest and while that sounded more than normal , he had a weird feeling in his chest that something did not seem right .

The other day , he had gifted her an exotically curved bracelet that he happened to cast a glance on while shopping for Valerie . Sure it was a diamond piece and he had found it quite pricey , but that did not stop him .

She would be his final stop .

He had been working for a while now and was planning on settling in life himself . Albeit he had been having a difficult time trying to date girls and find one he'd be happy with . He wouldn't have thought back then that a trip to his cousin's place could hold an answer to his question .

Sure , fate had a strange way of playing with people .

The bracelet was meant to be a gift for all that Hafsa had done for him in the last couple of weeks . The change that she had initiated in him had him pull his hair out with frustration . Yet it was done effortlessly by her .

The best part was he felt his heart change . He could make out the major change his head had undergone . With the Qur'an , he felt like he was complete .

Almost complete .

For the first time , in several years , he had unmistakanly felt the presence of someone ignite a new flower of Life in him . Someone had , very innocently , pulled his heart and left a hole to be filled by herself . Unknowingly , she had fastened to his growing pains and had provided him relief in ways unimaginable .