chapters 66: nine months?

"no distance remained
and their souls resustained
despite the odds and ends
they blossomed in pain
and that was the beauty
of a halaal love story - sulaymaan."

As a final step, Inaya put in a pearl earring in her ear and locked it in place.

As she stepped away from her dresser to take a look at herself, she twirled around and let her long glittery gown swirl. Her hair lay in a high ponytail and her cheeks glowed with a faint tint.

Smiling satisfactorily, she cleaned up her room up from all the mess she had created.

Faaris was to arrive in a few minutes. She wasn't exactly prepared or ready so the whole situation made her stomach drop with nervousness. It was alright if things didn't go as she had planned but if anything went wrong, she knew she'd burst into tears.

Dropping down on her bed, she rocked her legs back and forth in an effort to relax herself and not stutter her emotions out.

She had just about began to rehearse her sentences when the doorbell rang and she jumped to her feet, eyes wide open.

Taking in short and quick breaths through her abdomen she walked up and down the room in a frenzy, anticipating Faaris' entry.

She heard him greeting her mother and playing with Mahreen a little as she heard the delighted giggles echo.

As she stood facing the door —  heart pounding erratically in her chest — the door slowly creaked open and Faaris entered with a dramatic pose, his chest out and one of his brows raised slightly than the other.

Standing by the door frame — with his signature manly pose — Faaris' mouth dropped open when his eyes fell at Inaya.