chapter 28: lovely

"this world is a strange place, where those who lack modesty are considered beautiful, cheaters are considered clever and the loyal are considered to be fools - gabriel."

Gabriel had been counting the days since he and Hafsa had known each other for. And it amazed him to think that she could affect him so much just in a span of two weeks . So much so that , he found himself dreaming of Hafsa and her beautiful soul every single second .

It felt like his mind and heart weren't his anymore .

Over the course of the few days they spent together , Gabriel had started to know more of her . He had been learning new things about her on a daily basis , sometimes her fight with her past and other times , her aim for the best . He did not know that she had so many sides . She seemed like an experienced professional who knew how to camouflage her secrets and darker sides .

All in all , it fascinated him to hear the countless struggles she went through . When he first talked to her , the smile that radiated within her eyes never seemed forced . It was naturally glowing .

In reality though , she had been through enough that had seized her  happiness for a good amount of time . Before she started focusing more on God and allowed her inner peace to be rebuilt .

She was strong-willed , independent and courageous . A true hero who learnt from her past and structured her future in accordance .

Gabriel , on the other hand , had started to improve in learning about Islam so much that he had in fact memorised two of the small chapters of the Qur'an . When he broke it as a surprise news to Hafsa , he had not in the least been prepared to receive a reaction like hers .

She had burst into tears .

He panicked so badly that he felt his hands shiver and cold sweat covering his forehead and temples . He felt too shocked to completely perceive her reaction . Stupidly , he had not even double checked his surprise and what sort of effect it would have had on her .