chapter 16: take away

"it takes a strong heart to fall in love. if the person you love accepts you, it's beautiful and suddenly the world seems like a better place.
if the person you love doesn't return your feelings back, it results in death at the spiritual level. you live like nothing but a robot. love is unguaranteed and it takes pure strength to feel it - hafsa"

"So what you are saying is , I am to go to some Prince's palace and stay there because I'm in danger ?" Afra repeated Elsa's words , feeling her head spin while trying to keep looking at a very panicky Elsa , paving back and forth rapidly .

Inaya and Hafsa were staring between the two . They decided to maintain silence until they calmed down .

"Afra , that is true ! For god's sake , you've asked that for the umpteenth time !" Elsa snapped , resting her back against a wall and shutting her eyes .

Afra frowned ."Ma , are you kidding me right now ?! Why the hell am I in danger ? How does , whoever that prince is know about it ? Most importantly , how do you know that those people aren't some conmen ?" Afra asked , looking at Elsa who kept shaking her head weakly .

"Afra , you seriously think I didn't consider those options myself ?" Elsa asked , staring at Afra with a duped look .

Afra huffed out air loudly , running a hand down her face . She pulled her knees close to her chest and rocked back and forth in her seat , trying to calm down .

"Ma , that's not making sense ." She finally replied slowly and her voice hardly audible .

Elsa bent down in front of Afra and pulled her into her arms . "I have that gold leaf sanctioned with his stamp . It made enough sense for me to believe it sweetie ." She whispered in her ear , patting Afra's back .