chapter 65: heart

"a voice doesn't need to shout
a hand doesn't need to touch
a cry doesn't need to be shown
a heart doesn't need to be hurt
a life doesn't need to be killed
for people to recognise
the truth - afra."

"

Afra held her comforter tight around her stomach. Her eyes wide open, she kept absently staring at the ceiling.

Sulaaymaan's words and voice were faintly audible to her at around two fifteen in the morning.

However, he was asleep. Not soundly thought. Every minute or so, he mumbled something groggily and she would hush him down by patting his head.

At one point she made out what he had said rather clearly. Her heart squeezed with affliction and bitterness.  Softly but rapidly he had  uttered a string of apologies directed to his cousin, Yusra.

It had become so difficult to control her tears as he shook his head forcefully from side to side that a few of them fell directly onto his face.

She had panicked feeling that he might jerk awake from his sleep but it only calmed him down fairly well as he relaxed and returned back to snoring a little. 

She hastily blew her nose and wiped the tears. Sitting up and letting her legs down, she peeked from over her shoulder and smiled hurtfully.

She pushed her feet into the slippers and dragged herself towards the work table at the corner of the room.

Comfortably settling into the chair, she switched the PC on and waited for it to boot up. When it did come to life she hurriedly began to type down her search inquiry only to have curled her fingers away from the keyboard with doubt.