chapter 70: no more

"in the journey of life
you strive
i fight
you live
i might die
you change,
i could forsake.
along the way,
only those remain
who have sustained
in others' names - afra"

along the way,only those remain who have sustained in others' names - afra"

Afra kept staring at Sulaaymaan as he took turns in throwing each of the triplet in the air, catching them and then proceeding with the next

Their delightful giggles were too contagious for Afra. Although she was pretty much occupied with her stressful thoughts, their excitement made her crack into loud laughter.

For two whole hours this continued. By this point, Afra was terrified that the lack of energy she could notice in Sulaaymaan's catches,  could make him drop one of the kids from that height.

Once he had managed to slip past them he collapsed to the ground, legs and hands spread out.

Afra got up from her seat, held her hands behind her back and walked up to him.

"You okay?"

He stopped heaving for a minute and flashed a smile.

"Alhumdulillah, great."

She nodded and turned around, smiling cheekily. This guy would never show his pain.

They had their lunch an hour ago and Afra was able to take out a few moments for herself. Mostly so she could sort out through whatever was going through her head lately.

Things had been progressing at a faster pace and she could say that with extreme surity. Faaris was — as much as it sucked her breath — was hurt and nothing would ever be the same for him.

That was not the only things she learnt. If he was hurt, chances were high against any and every member. Even the little ones.