chapter 78: hello future

"don't fret yourself
o slave of Allah
why do you worry
when he's the controller
of hearts? - inaya."

It had been a month now. Afra sighed and put down one of the last platters  of turkey with lemon on the table before pulling out a chair and getting seated amongst the triplets.

"That looks delicious Afra."

The Queen complimented her as she cut into the meat and served with the ones on her right side, which unfortunately were the triplets first and then moved on to the ones on her left.

Often times, she dreaded how harshly reality and fate together served a blow. Quite a lot had changed ever since Waasay's death, but life never ceased.

Even today — after all that had occured — there were times when she would feel like another huge mystery would pop up from nowhere and recreate those scenes all over again.

"So Afra, who are your friends who are coming over?"

Sulaaymaan asked and the Queen smiled at her whilst popping an olive in her mouth.

"Oh, they're my only friends at college."

Sulaaymaan was a peculiar guy. An opportunity that she had thought had slipped out of her hands was presented to her in a silver platter.

The night he told the surprising news, Afra was in such a shock that for the next few days she repeatedly pestered him for a definite answer.

If that would have been a joke, she would not have left him alive.

"What are their names Habibti? How old are they? Maybe you should call their parents too next time in Shaa Allah."