chapter 77: the memories that live on

"it's never fair. it may hurt when you realize what you aimed for wasn't what you achieved. it may break you, kill you, leave you in bits. you may recall the days you fret, the nights you were left sleepless, the amount of tension you bore and the major phases of life you lost. but what you may not have understood was that your hardwork shall pay off. maybe not in terms of what you had expected. but in terms of what your Lord shall bestow upon you. for the world, your result will matter. but for the God who has always watched you and your efforts, your perseverance will matters. that's how — even if you fail in this world — your hardwork pays off - sulaymaan."

Sulaaymaan sat in a daze.

Afra didn't know how to approach him or what to say that could console him. What to do so that he could just smile and understand that none of this could have been stopped. That he wasn't at fault and that life worked by Allah's will.

It had been five days since Waasay's — whose body wasn't found unfortunately — Janazah had taken place. His parents were inconsolable and for the better of both the sides, Queen Basmah had decided to go upto provide them both some company.

The Queen herself — though she was simply acting normal — was barely breathing. She had lost her smile; that twinkle in her eyes. Whenever she talked, it felt monochromatic and dull. There was barely any energy left in her limbs and she was often caught feeling dizzy. When everything had finished no one had the heart to hold back all the information from her any longer.

No one had imagined that there would come an end as what they had expected.

Abdullah — the guard who had accompanied Sulaaymaan — was the only one in his senses to describe the horrifying incident of that night.