chapter 55: melancholy

"your love shall taste tests - sulaymaan."

Afra had been gazing out the window for as long as she'd taken her seat . She had been staring without blinking her eyes , her gaze set on nothing specific .

Every now and then , she would flip out of her thoughts and peek at Sulaaymaan .

She would be marrying him , a little too sooner than she had wanted to . Everything was occurring all together leaving her feeling claustrophobic and out of breath .

She needed time .

When the facts were revealed , Elsa and Alexander had fallen quiet . Once they were convinced that it wasn't a joke — as they had concluded — Queen Basmah slowly explained to them the detailed events that led to the revelation .

Every time the Queen paused , Afra would be surrounded in piercing gazes from her parents . Obviously they weren't buying the story — neither was she — but it was all but the pure truth .

Understandably it was ascertainable that they were absolutely blown away hearing her talk about marriage . She wasn't against the Spiritual bonding between the opposite gender , but it wasn't something she would go for before building a career .

But - fairly  - she had ended up agreeing to their decision of organising the Nikaah after Isha .

She was regretting not paying attention to them while they discussed matters seriously .

Her parents had been informed to keep the news secretive since Sulaaymaan wasn't willing to fight the media that would mostly suffocate him .