chapter 13: entry

"always make sure to keep your mind shut to negativity and open only to positivity. your mind has the increased tendency to listen and capture negativeness with more clarity and precision, than positivity and goodness. that's why it's harder to be positive in life. negativity is Shaitaan's language. it destroys life and literally everything associated with it. always stay positive in life. Allāh's messengers, his books, his angels always encouraged positivity. while being negative, you're disobeying your Lord's orders indirectly. always be positive, for it promotes happiness and love. for it is Allāh's command to be positive. for positiveness, is the real key to success - sulaymaan."

"No , write neatly ." Inaya scolded for the ninth time in the past ten minutes. They were sitting beside Sarah who was writing down her first ever letter to be given to Derek that evening .

"Inaya , not everybody has neat handwriting like yours ." Hafsa snapped , as Inaya frowned .

"Why ? You guys all have amazing handwriting ." Inaya protested , inching closer to Sarah .

Afra scoffed ."Oh please , my handwriting is neat on page one , a little weird by page six and finally looks like an alien invasion by page fifteen ."

Sarah's hand was vigorously shivering as she tried to jot down the words on a clean sheet of paper , along with certain heads so close to the paper that they were blocking her view .

"Um , guys ? You're blocking my view ." Sarah muttered , as all of their snapped up to give her cheeky grins . "Also , I want to write this letter alone . And then if you want , you can read what I wrote later ." Sarah told and everyone agreed to what she said .

"We'll wait in the living room ." Inaya said , patting her back encouragingly .

They all started to go for the door and just as Samantha swung the door open , Afra turned around to face Sarah .

"Also , if it's too hard , we'll just go with the cactus idea ." Afra winked at her , sneering .

Sarah shook her head in amusement . Her cousins were crazy . Not that she minded that . She just never was more happier .

She adjusted the pillow with her pad and paper over it . After comfortably lying on her stomach , she swirled the pen between her fingers while trying to think up words to write.

Writing wasn't something she was comfortable with . There was no way other than doing this , so she reluctantly agreed to Hafsa's suggestion . And very honestly , Hafsa's idea was better than Afra's or Samantha's .

After a couple more minutes of distorted thinking , when she failed to put down her thoughts in the paper before her , she shut her eyes and relaxed for a moment .

Derek had been through a lot and loosing a parent wasn't easy . Especially when that parent is the one you feel most comfortable with . Infact , it was the worst form of dejection you feel . She may not have felt him , but she certainly understood the intensity of the situation .

Now when she felt her emotions running through her veins , the pen in her hand scribbled rapidly , her lips curving in a small smile as she signed it with her name .

Dear Derek ,

Before I start off with anything , I will just confess that I would like to talk to you through these letters if that is okay with you . I have always been an introvert and opening up to others is my weakness .

Until I feel comfortable with you , would it be okay if we get along this way ?

I'll wait for your answer .

Now , how have you been ? It's been long since we last met . I hope you're doing well .

If you're okay with these letters , we'll continue on doing this .

Sarah .

She smiled , folding the letter into quarters .

She hoped he would agree to this sort of socializing . Because if not , she didn't think talking face to face would work .

Gabriel had been contemplating on for too long to decide on messaging Hafsa on her phone

Gabriel had been contemplating on for too long to decide on messaging Hafsa on her phone .

He knew she would not come down to the backyard every single night , yet he awaited her presence with a hopeful heart . It didn't struck him until later that he wants to actually learn something from her .

And he wanted only her to teach him .

Rubbing his sweaty palms over the pants of his jeans , he huffed out air noisily from his mouth . 

Hi ! It's Gabriel here .

He hesitated on continuing further . And after a few seconds , he decided to give her some time . If at all , she resisted or felt uncomfortable , he decided he would not approach her at all .

He just wanted to know her more . She had a very graceful personality and he was drawn towards her the moment he first laid eyes upon her .

Now of course , since he hardly could make her face out , the only thing he could do was watch her eyes . But little did he ascertain that her eyes were the real culprits . Culprits that probably stole a million hearts .

That moment , she had smiled at him and her eyes indicated that with the way they crinkled , he knew something happened in his heart .

The time she talked to him , that rich melodious voice making his heart flutter with every word she spoke , he knew a new feeling was born within the depth of his soul .

The very soul in which he had once died .