chapter 14: a change

"you say it's destined and there's no use trying to change it?

what if it's destined if i try and work harder to earn it?

you never know. and that's why never lose hope - inaya.

The elders had gathered up in the living room for a quick snack and to catch up with their lives . Even as days passed by , they just didn't seem to have enough time to talk about all that they had missed .

Especially Valerie and Elsa . That sister duo got excited over everything and often squealed almost every second when they would recall a new memory .

All the girls would occupy the room upstairs while the boys enjoyed their time soaking up the sun or drenching themselves on a beach .

Hafsa had long since seen Gabriel's message on her phone . It came out a Surprise to her that he got her number . But if wasn't something to be too shocked about when he had sisters who had her contact information .

She had decided to give the matter some serious thinking because she had never any males number . Not that it was a serious issue , but she could not just ignore that teachings of her religion . It was strictly prohibited to interact with non mahrams . Besides , she was very uncomfortable with talking to the opposing gender anyway . Faaris happened to be with them for long enough to have been trustable enough and she barely talked to him . Not to mention , he was her brother in law and she had a familial sort of relationship with him .

"Inaya , can you come out with me for a while ?" Hafsa nudged Inaya in the ribs , as she turned away from the laptop screen .

They had been in their room for the last few hours watching some movie that Hafsa just could not enjoy with whatever was on her mind .