chapter 23: a fresh blossom

"we meet people not by coincidence but by destiny. every person who comes always leaves behind fingerprints that teach us different lessons essential for a wise life - faaris."

Faaris had dropped Inaya just a while ago at Afra's place where she was staying with Hafsa and Afra's cousins . It may have seemed like he was Overreacting but what else could he do when Inaya was discussing certain Islamic topics with him even during the period when they were enjoying ice cream and in the car as well .

She was talking to him .

Faaris had lost hope in trying to reassure Inaya and build a good image of himself . Somehow , his deepest efforts remained unnoticed and there was so much stress he had , that for the time being he had decided to let things be and focus on his job more . He also was very much aware that a lot of important details were hidden from him , which if he disclosed to her , she would perceive clearly the reasons behind his actions .

However , Mariam had very strictly stressed out that she would be kept hidden to it . She believed her daughter would take drastic measures instead of discerning the whole story . Which Faaris highly doubted .

He knew Inaya as a responsible , strong willed and unbiased woman who strongly stood by the right and did her best at fighting with the wrong . That's what Daanish loved about her too . And so did he . He admired her passion and strength to do something for the welfare of the society . But then again , Mariam was her mother and she precisely knew her daughter more than anyone else .

Though Faaris still highly doubted it .

Now driving along to his apartment , he wondered if his relationship would eventually grow stronger with her or if she would still be hesitant to stay by his side . Eating together did seem like a small step towards starting out on something big and more beautiful , but he still had uncertain emotions haunting him .