chapter 58: fall

"a lie always remains hidden by an invisible layer of truth - sarah."

"No , I don't like this one ."

Faaris pouted and shook his head .

Mahreen sighed , tapping her chin with her eyes clearly scrutinising the doll with extremity .

"Why so akhuya ? I think this dress is pretty ."

For about an hour now , Faaris has been playing dress up with Mahreen . Although she seemed to be unaware of his weariness , Faaris would occasionally receive suspicious glances from her.

"Don't you think we can try on that purple one right there ?"

Faaris pointed out a bright purple dress with a fitted skirt and a flary top .

Mahreen took a moment in analyzing and comparing the dress he had chosen over the one she had in her hand .

He smiled at how adorable the young lady was . Her brain always worked faster than any other child's . She had better skills at figuring out what was wrongly done or made . Whether it was a dress up game or a jigsaw puzzle , she knew it all .

"Not a bad idea !"

And then giving him an appreciative smile , she turned away to dress her doll up .

"And don't you look here ! It's bad manners Akhuya . Does the doll watch you undress ?"

Faaris pursed his lips and obediently shook his head .

"No boss ."

Satisfied with herself — still engrossed in undressing the doll on the other end — she nodded .