chapter 31: uncertainty

"all the hardest and coldest people you met were once as soft as water. and that's the tragedy of living - afra"

 and that's the tragedy of living - afra"

Afra had been trying very hard to sleep . Majorly since she hardly had devoured the peacefulness of sleep in a long time . From the day she had gathered the information about the royal order .

Now that she had seen and been through the most haunting time of her life , she had been feeling unenergetic and suddenly drained off from all the enthusiasm she had been using .

Unpacking her bag and changing into a comfortable and loose nightwear along with a large headscarf , she decided to head over to the kitchen to get some water and maybe a thing or two to munch on .

It was evident enough , according to her at least , that nobody would be down there at almost two in the morning . Well with the exception of ghosts who occupied the unoccupied part of the castle she was striving in at the moment .

"And of course , the best weapon would be the Masterpiece itself , Ayatul Kursi ." She sang to herself , typing her niqaab and blowing herself with the holy verses . "All hail to Allah !" She mimicked the voices of some great martyrs or tried doing that , before marching off for the battle .

"Seriously though , no wonder horror movies don't use jinns and Muslim based stories ." She chuckled to herself , climbing down the stairs carefully . "Just recite the Ayatul Kursi as the ultimatum weapon and BAM ! The end !"

She laughed as noiselessly as possible , walking around the staircase to take the kitchen hallway . As she walked down the dark lanes , humming her favourite nasheeds and abruptly turning over her heels every millisecond to make sure no one was following her , she heard some clinking .

She paused , watching as she gently swung the door to find Sulaaymaan in , trying to find something in the refrigerator .