chapter 21: two tales

"love is strong and changes people. something that no other emotion can do - gabriel"

Afra had been long since controlling the urge of breaking down into heavy sobs just so that she wouldn't worry everybody at home . Now that minute by minute , she witnessed her neighbourhood passing by , mixing into vibrant fields on either sides , she felt like she was far away . Far away from her very home for the first time in her life . From her relatives , her cousins who she had met hardly weeks ago , her aunt and uncle who she had seen for the first ever time in years . Most importantly , far away from the very family who protected her . She had been forced out of her consent into being protected by some unknown prince who she didn't even know was real .

Sure enough , she read the unmistakeable royal order . It did seem like a real royal message, but being the way she was , extremely paranoid and overly cautious , it did not make sense to her . To think of it though , her parents were totally dumbfounded over it . Which made it all the more obvious that it very certainly was a royal message . However , how could she simply believe the words of some paper when technology was available to even the worsest rule breakers and wanted notorious criminals ? It just didn't convince her . To go away with some man who claimed to be a Prince along with that minister seemed like she was taken as fool who would easily be victimised .

Her mind tried to keep a track of where they were headed to . Just incase , things went abnormally and she could just jump out of a running car and dash for her life in the other direction . She called it being precautionary while others called it being paranoid . Like she cared about it though . Her option mattered to her the most because certainly enough , when in danger , only she , her untrained legs and her quick witted mind would jump into action . Nobody would come to her rescue and she was taught to help herself rather than wait for a typical knight in shining armour .

How ridiculous !

Saying that she was in danger was one thing , but forcing her out of her own house , against her will was unbelievable . How big of a scandal was it that was threatening her life ? Whatever it was , it certainly wouldn't have been as bad as it had been narrated to her over and over again through that gold leaf and the prince himself . Not to metion her parents as well .