chapter 47: unlock

"each night his soul wailed to the lord and every morning, his lord helped him smile - gabriel"

Sulaaymaan shut the door to Afra's room as she walked out after him .

"I was wondering if you could tell me why Jazz hates me ?"

They were headed towards the garden . His theory was right . If a voice hearing machine was embedded deep into her bed , chances were that there were several hundred others placed along the whole mansion in places unimaginable .

Sulaaymaan had given it his best shot before collapsing on the floor a few hours later . His fingers were red and the flesh had almost sunken in . It was a somewhat daring instrument and while he was much acquainted with devices such as that , he still couldn't get to the depth .

They had even run out of topics of discussion towards the end . Very unbelievably , she had grown more curious of his personality as time ticked by . Talking to him had pulled the curtain off a variety of her doubtful enquiries but at the same time , had made him more mysterious than ever .

That was astonishing .

"Jazz hates you ? What makes you say that ?"

Afra shrugged , crossing her arms over her chest .

"I don't know . She just doesn't welcome me much around her ."

Sulaaymaan turned to face her , a small emphatic smile brightening up his tensed features .

"She's always been... let's say a little sensitive and careful around strangers ."

Afra frowned .

"Why is that ? No , I mean her sisters are very outgoing and friendly . I was just hoping that she would be the same too ."