chapter 32: a pretty dare

"how can i forget her? death comes to people, not memories- sulaymaan."

Sulaaymaan had woken up early the next morning . Practically because he hardly slept the previous night , with his mind revolving around his addiction . Last night's events seemed to be replaying in his head for several times over and over again .

Yet he wanted to see more .

Shaking his head in amusement as to how he had changed as a person , he got up from his bed , pulled over a shirt over his bare body and headed to get ready for the day . Mostly so he could look smartly dressed .

For Afra !

He grinned , watching his reflection in the floor length mirror by his bed . Sure enough he did look alive . Just as he felt . The word made no sense to him for the last few years . All that he could see were the recurring flashbacks of the incidents he could not forget .

Never !

Those memories had stuck to his mind like a virus that infectiously rottened the whole body . All the previous years he had been surviving . For his dear mother and his sisters who needed him as a support through their growing years . Somehow along the way of life his memories had started to become vague and fainter yet her words and actions seemed to haunting him .

Rather than help him through .

She was his life , he recalled . To feel it being taken away from him right under his gaze was a tragedy none could face while remaining sane .

That was how he survived for years .

Until she grazed the sharp edges of his life and entered like the heavenly wind of air . He thought she would slip and fall into the piercing daggers he had formed around him . To his rational mind , she had come far across from the critical point .