CHAPTER 63: THE SEARCH

Dedicated to: Nicalleigh

***

Wearing the Queen's helmet, I barged in the Pandemonium's bar not minding everyone's eyes on me. Sino pa naman di magtataka kung nakikita nila muli ang reyna wearing an opened black leather jacket with black tube inside match it up with a leather short shorts and black boots. Dumiretso ako kay Nari, a petit morena bartender girl. Sya ang katiwala sa bar na ito and I gotta give it to her na kahit ang liit nyang babae ay napapasunod nya ang mga basagulero dito sa loob. She kept the bar war-free and even without her bouncers, nakakaladkad nya ang mga pasimuno ng gulo palabas ng bar.

"Nari." tawag ko sa kanya with her back facing me.

She turned around holding a booze and when she recognized me, she smiled while maintaining the authority in her eyes.

"Queen, it's nice to see you again. A drink?" tanong nya sa akin while offering the bottle she's holding.

"No. Hindi ako magtatagal. I just want you to do something for me." tumaas naman ang isa nyang kilay.

"As long as it does not concern violence in this bar, Queen." she cares about the bar kaya protektado nya ito. I heard that she's a street fighter before, pero hindi ko pa sya nakikitang nakikipaglaban kamao sa kamao or even heard that she got into a fight. Nakita ko lang syang kumaladkad ng mga nanggugulo but never saw what she does to them.

"I just want you to relay a message to Knight Rider for me." a smirk and confusion are seen on her face.

"Bihira ko lang din yun makita dito. Why don't you do it yourself? Everyone here is guessing that you two might be in touch with each other since pareho kayong nawawala at lumilitaw." really?

"No, we don't have any communication with each other. He got his business of his own and I got a life of my own. I don't know about him, but I have a life outside that I'm trying to fix. Now, can you tell him, I'll be waiting for him every 12 midnight hanggang sa magpakita sya sa akin on the same road where a car accident that turned out to be a murder which happened years ago. Sabihin mong hindi ako susuko sa paghihintay sa kanya." matapos kong sabihin ito, a look of amusement ang sumilay kay Nari.

"You mean, yung daang may pinatay na inosente si KR? Is this a soon-to-be race? Queen versus Knight?" thought so. I chuckled with the idea pero binawi din naman dahil yun din ang pagkakaalam ni Nari.

I did hear this kind of rumor pero ang akala ko ay isa lang din sa mga palamuti ng background nya. Didn't think that everyone believe it's true.

"You know, that's what I always wanted, Nari. To race him and to see who's inside that helmet. But that's not the case right now. There's something I want to know. So, be sure to tell him that." to cut anymore questions, tinalikuran ko na sya at umalis.

Three days had passed and he still didn't show himself. I've been waiting for him every 12 midnight and stayed for an hour or two but no luck. Also the reason na nauumagahan na ako gumising. Minsan, ginigising na ako ni Jin. Curse that Rider. Pati trabaho sa grupo naaapektuhan na din sa kahihintay ko sa kanya. Is he trying to hide himself or avoiding me? Saan ka ba ngayon naglilibot, Knight Rider? Saan ka ba tumutuloy? Saan ka ba nagmamasid? Sinu-sino mga kasama at nakakakilala sa tunay na ikaw?

"So, what about you, C? I heard you have something in your pocket."

Where can I find you, freak? Leaving such a clean track para di kita ma-trace. Ginigigil mo ako masyado.