You are my Sunshine (Ichimatsu x GuardianAngel!Reader)

TordleBab101

I (obviously) don't own the song "You are my Sunshine". I kinda changed the order of the verses, to go with the storyline.

Angst warning.

*******

There wasn't a time in his life where Ichimatsu could distinctively remember he was actually happy. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't seem to think of a joyous time in his life. He didn't think he deserved it. Now you were a special creature who lived in another world.

Yes, you were once human and you struggled with highly similar problems as Ichimatsu. Eventually you were tired of it all and done with the struggling, resulting in you completely giving up. You weren't alive anymore. This was a completely recent event as well; about a half a decade prior to where this all takes place.

After ending your life, rather than just having your soul stuck in oblivion to suffer, you were taken to an alternate universe where you were appointed as a guardian angel. Your job was to wait until you were assigned a person to assist in their everyday life. Once you were assigned a person, you'd be sent to the mortal world to be with that person semi-physically. The concept of semi-physicality was quite confusing, but you had a decent way of describing it. What it meant (at least in your terms) was that when you would go to the mortal world, the person you were assigned to could see you, touch you, and you'd be like a physical person to them. However, only the assigned person could do this and nobody else could hear you, see you, or touch you. It seemed weird, but you preferred it that way.

You also figured out in your afterlife that you would be paired with someone who had a similar life to yours so you could share your wisdom and experience with them. It didn't take long for you to be paired up with a man by the name of Matsuno Ichimatsu. He was the 4th oldest in a group of sextuplets, loathed himself, was antisocial, and had a thing for cats.

So similar to you except for the sextuplet thing.

----

About a year and a half of trying to help Ichimatsu, you failed to see improvement in the man's mood. He always seemed to be depressed and quite frankly, you didn't know how to help because you weren't able to help yourself when you were alive. There were days when he would be okay or at least not completely repulsed of himself. Then of course, he would have those days where he absolutely hated himself to the point of crying in frustration. Even using the bathroom was a struggle because just walking by the mirror made him wish he wasn't alive. Today was one of those days.

"Ichimatsu... Why are you doing this to yourself?" You asked as you looked at the man before you. He was attempting to lower his sleeves back down after you pulled them up.

He didn't want to reply due to the fact that his brothers were in the next room and they couldn't hear nor see you like he could; they'd call Ichimatsu crazy.

"You shouldn't seclude yourself like this..... And why did you do this to your arms?" You dragged the tips of your fingers over his scars, sending a shiver down his spine.

He flinched and pulled his arm away from you, trying not to show how upset he was.

"Ichimatsu nii! We're leaving! Do you want to come?" The familiar voice of Jyushimatsu rang through the house.