Fairytale (Prisoner!Karamatsu x Child!Royalty!Reader)

Your parents had always told you stories as a child about the room underneath your castle. They told you to never go down there because there were horrific, monstrous people that would hurt you if given the chance. Naturally from hearing this as a child, you were horrified of the thought of being attacked by these people. Other people in your castle had told you horror stories about it as you grew in order to keep your curiosity to a minimum.

"One guy was convicted of treason and murdering a soldier in the war. He turned on his own country and joined the other. It was a horrible time, but eventually your father found him and locked him down in the dungeon," One of the Knights spoke to your 11-year-old self, "The man broke out of his chains one night and attempted to break out of the castle. The soldiers ended up shooting him and let's just say he isn't a threat anymore....."

Your eyes widened in awe at the knight. "What other people go in there?"

The knight smiled gently at your curiosity, "Many people ranging from the smallest of misdemeanors to the largest of felonies. You can find people in there that have stolen a few seeds from the market and even those who have committed mass murder. I kind of disagree with it seeing as how people that had a reason for stealing a few seeds to support themselves are locked up with insane criminals....."

"What kind of people are in there now?"

"Not a lot. Your mother recently opened a mass security prison and jail a few miles west for those who commit large crimes. Our basement now is only used as jailing for small crimes like stealing bread or stuff like that. That rarely happens though and if it does, nobody really gets caught. So, it seems like it'd be boring down there..... I think right now we have only one person in there...."

You hummed for a moment. "Can you take me to the entrance of the dungeon?"

The knight gulped and nodded, a bit intimidated by you. You were wise for an 11-year-old, but I suppose that is normal considering you get the finest of education. The castle employees said you had the mind of an adult.

Seeing him hesitate, you sigh. "I don't have a key so I can't get in.... I just want to see the entrance....."

He nodded, knowing it was rude to deny the royal child what they asked for.

The knight (who you eventually learned was named Chibita) led you down a wide hallway on the bottom floor to a small door. He turned the knob and you looked down to see a bunch of stairs which freaked you out nonetheless. Scared himself, he walked down the staircase with you to a set of wide, secured steel doors.

"Well this is the entrance..... According to this," He spoke pointing to an inmate count by the door, "We have one person in right now...."

You nodded slowly as Chibita led you back upstairs. But on your way up, you heard sobbing from inside those steel doors. The prisoner seemed upset, making you want to help.

"Who's in there?" You asked Knight Chibita once you made it back into the hallway.

He looked at you and smiled lightly. "His name is Matsuno Karamatsu. He's 20 something years old. Very young....."

A confused expression crossed your youthful face. "What did he do?"

"Ah. He was hungry. Matsuno is one of those lowlifes who try to steal whatever food they can get their grimy hands on. He stole a bunch of blueberry pies from the bakery stand....."

"B-but that's not fair!"

Chibita stopped in his tracks and looked at you.

"I think it is quite fair. If he wants food, he should get a job....."